Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Lucky Day

Article about: by Wolfspear I grew up 3 miles from RAF Waddington and 7 miles from RAF Scampton we used to get the Red Arrows, Lancaster and Vulcans flying over our school regularly ! A dream Nick Hi Nick

?

Default Re: Lucky Day

Quote by Wolfspear View Post
    I grew up 3 miles from RAF Waddington and 7 miles from RAF Scampton we used to get the Red Arrows, Lancaster and Vulcans flying over our school regularly ! A dream

Nick

Hi Nick

Im originally from Mexborough, Doncaster.
    We used to get all sorts of aircraft over us because we werent far from the old RAF Lindholme and RAF Finningly.
    I used to love watching the Vulcans and Victors coming over the top either on final approaches or take off circuits.

Regards etc

Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

Default Re: Lucky Day

Quote by jimpy View Post
    Hi Nick

Im originally from Mexborough, Doncaster.
    We used to get all sorts of aircraft over us because we werent far from the old RAF Lindholme and RAF Finningly.
    I used to love watching the Vulcans and Victors coming over the top either on final approaches or take off circuits.

Regards etc

Ian D

AKA: Jimpy
    Very nice Ian, when I was a boy we used to get the train to RAF Finningly from Lincoln to watch the airshows ! Great days !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12