Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Mystery French (?) LANCE BOMBES tags, MINIMAX tag, and mystery shell/ashtray? UNIQUE FINDS!!!

Article about: This is one beyond Google's ability. Obscure, one could say? The LANCE BOMBES, I gather from what little info I could find is a mortar, which more or less came into existence during WWI, &qu

Default Mystery French (?) LANCE BOMBES tags, MINIMAX tag, and mystery shell/ashtray? UNIQUE FINDS!!!

This is one beyond Google's ability. Obscure, one could say? The LANCE BOMBES, I gather from what little info I could find is a mortar, which more or less came into existence during WWI, "The Great War", although many who were there didn't think it was all that great...

These tags came from a vet (by way of his grandson) who was quite tag happy it seems. I'll include a pics of the whole lot, even though the LANCE BOMBES and MINIMAX tags are what this posts inquiries are about. The MINIMAX is even more of a mystery than the mortar tags, it's at once both very interesting and frustrating to stumble onto items that don't exist as far as the internet goes.

But they will show up in a search now, on this site ;-)

Can someone explain all of the markings on this shell, looks like it could be from 1938? What country is it from and what size is it? The brass casing is extremely thick, is this the norm? What are the stenciled numbers in addition to the stamped numbers, which there are many of!

I'm hoping for some clarification, if anybody can do this, it is the members here I have faith in.

Thx in advance!

Mystery French (?) LANCE BOMBES tags, MINIMAX tag, and mystery shell/ashtray? UNIQUE FINDS!!!

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mystery French (?) LANCE BOMBES tags, MINIMAX tag, and mystery shell/ashtray? UNIQUE FINDS!!!  

Zero interest or responce, 9-4-15 to 12-29-15, thx anyway.