Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

N.S.K.K. Vehicle license plates .

Article about: Who knows the NUMBERBLOCK of the licenceplates from the N.S.K.K. Battallion "Doberitz" also named after May 1940 batallion "Dunkirk" ? What was the number of the "We

Kraftfahrer Bob
    ?

Default N.S.K.K. Vehicle license plates .

Who knows the NUMBERBLOCK of the licenceplates from the N.S.K.K. Battallion "Doberitz" also named after May 1940 batallion "Dunkirk" ? What was the number of the "Wehrkreis" where Doberitz/Dunkirk was under resorted ? N.S.K.K used the normal : W.H.00000 licenceplates , so i have only to know the Wehrkreis ! Thanks ! Bob.

Default Re: N.S.K.K. Vehicle license plates .

Hi Bob, Doberitz is just outside of Berlin and therefor comes under Wehrkreis III.

Cheers, Ade.

Kraftfahrer Bob
    ?

Thanks a lot Adrian . I did not know that Doberitz was a place outside Berlin . I did know that the battaillion was named to something , so it good be it was named to a person too . Now i go search for more information about this bataillion . Thanks again ! Bob.

Hi Bob, Doberitz was a big military training area

Cheers, Ade.

Kraftfahrer Bob
    ?

Thanks Adrian . So Doberitz was also the place where the automechanics of the N.S.K.K. Berlin had there headquarter . So the block of there licenceplates was : WH . 30.000 / 39.999 . First cypher is always the wehrkreis . In the case of Doberitz wehrkreis III . Bob.

Kraftfahrer Bob
    ?

After alittle research i know now that the village Doberitz is in 1895 abandonned by the citizens . The military took over the buildings of the village that was laying in the middle of the training area now . Bob.
    Last edited by Kraftfahrer Bob; 05-29-2008 at 11:29 PM. Reason: omissions

Hi
    I know it's an old thread but if I can help...
    N.S.K.K. Battallion "Doberitz" also named after May 1940 batallion "Dunkirk"
    The good name was "NSKK-Transportstandarte Todt, NSKK-Technische Bataillon" with members of the RMS Döberitz.
    A great part of their work was to repair captured Allied vehicles and tanks. A lot of them was found at Dunkerque/France, so the nskk Korpsführer Hühnlein gave the honour name "NSKK-Staffel Dünkirchen".
    The licenceplates was civilian style with painted "WH/OT" on the cars.
    Most of licenceplate on the period pics I have seen was censored by the Propaganda.
    Cheers