Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Panther V track link.

Article about: Excellent info bullitt, Sorry for the late reply.Nice photo of Jagdpanther! I see it has a different colour on each road wheel.Like you say probably more effective and all would be covered i

Default Panther V track link.

Hello again,
    Now i have the right forum i thought i would post some more pic's from my armour collection.This is my Panther link i brought over from a dealer in Poland.It's a heavy beast and weigh's in at 21.4 kilo's so imagine how heavy 92 a side would be all linked together! It was said to have come from a German scrapyard that cut up Tank's after the war.I do have some pic's of the yard and will post a seperate thread for those.I have also included some pic's of 2 Panther's in current display.The horrid white Ausf.G is Aberdeen (amazing that this one still has some spare link's considering what they are worth these day's!) and the Ausf. A with zimmerit is Samur in France and is a goer. (Verlinden released a book on this one in full detail) That one show's good Track detail for comparison. Enjoy
    Cheer's guy's
    Tom
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panther V track link.   Panther V track link.  

Panther V track link.  
    Attached Images Attached Images Panther V track link.  Panther V track link. 

Default Re: Panther V track link.

Unique item Tom, but you only showed me one link, how about bringing over a dozen or so in your bag of tricks.....

Bob

Sorry Bob,
    Could'nt get hold of the semi-trailer and front end loader but we'll try for it next time hey!! Love the new display too.

Cheer's mate
    Tom

creading
    ?

What is the approximate of single Panther links now days?
    C.

The price for a new one that was on e-bay was 1,000 euro. There were 5 brand new that were for sale................

Hi Tom

yes nice asset you got there ........btw its only 86 links per side on a panther , still a heavy load to rotate

I 've gathered already 12 of these heavyloads, but still looking for more
    I want to make a tracklenght to put around my pantherwheels

ciao
    Bullitt

Thank's bullit,
    Must have been another Tank like the Tiger that had 92.I build model's in 1/35th scale so maybe that's where the figure came from.They are getting harder to get now and i am envious that you have Panther wheel's
    Love to see some pic's of your display

Tom

Hi Tom,

The display isn,'t ready yet ( due to lack of tracklinks ) but the wheels are there ...11 to be exact

To fix the wheels properly to one another, I need to find some more parts like the inner tubes, hubcabs etc ...In due time I 'll find these hopefully

Here are some of my wheels, and links .......they all need to be restored, cleaned up or have to be repainted.

ciao
    Bullitt
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panther V track link.   Panther V track link.  

Panther V track link.  

Fantastic item's!
    Wish i could have that much over here.I would gladly sell you my link but postage from over here would be enormous! Worthwhile finding the rest of the part's you need though and can't wait to see it when completed.Nice job on the cammo paint on your finished wheel too
    Many thank's for sharing

Tom

Hi Tom,

Yeah postage is always a killer for such heavy iron
    All we need is some patience and it 'll come buy one way or the other ...lots of these things are excavated nowadays.
    the other parts are less easy to find since nobody supsects it beeing military at first sight...its merely a tube with a flange

The camo on the wheel was done by the previous owner ...as you said nicely done and eye catching....but in reality wheels weren't camouflaged as a standard. just imaging a big wheel like that in sandgelb with some green and redbrown stripes .......and then make it roll
    instead of concealement it will be very prominent from a distance camo is great of fixed items but not on rotating wheels. only a subtile mottling could be affective.
    A good standard camo on wheels is to paint it entirely in the same color ( cfr the jagdpanther (Gibb/BWB Koblenz) that has red oxid primer , brown, green and /or sandyellow wheels )
    secondly it wouldn't pay off to make dazzling camojobs on wheels since once your drive through the dirt the entire drivetrain gets the color of mother earth

ciao
    Bullitt
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panther V track link.  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast