Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Panzerfaust trigger mechanism

Article about: G'day gents, Does anyone know how the trigger mechanism of a panzerfaust was attached to the tube? Also, does anyone know how the pieces of the trigger and sight were attached to each other?

Default Panzerfaust trigger mechanism

G'day gents,
    Does anyone know how the trigger mechanism of a panzerfaust was attached to the tube? Also, does anyone know how the pieces of the trigger and sight were attached to each other? I've seen pics online that show pop rivets holding the mechanism together but I'm not sure whether that is a modern replica or a period method of fitting it together. I'd have thought rivets would have made it quite difficult to lift the sight and push the trigger down as it would all be very tight. Also the means of attaching all of this to the tube is a bit of a mystery to me, I can't see that it would have been riveted to the tube or the rivet stubs would have made it impossible to insert the projectile into the tube. One last question, how did the thing fire? I can see the pin that is pushed down into the tube but what did it connect with to get the panzerfaust to fire?

Sorry to bombard you with questions but I'm scratch building a model of a panzerfaust from metal and I just can't find answers to these questions online

Any help will be much appreciated, thanks for your time fellas,

Dave.

?

Default Re: Panzerfaust trigger mechanism

The first link goes into the trigger more, but here is what I could find, hope it helps
    Panzerfaust 30 klein / Faustpatrone 1, Germany WW2
    Feldgrau.net • View topic - Panzerfaust

Thanks mate, I should have mentioned it is a panzerfaust 60 that I'm working on.

They are more like what I'm knocking up, thanks for your help. I still need to know how the whole trigger and sight set up was attached to the tube though, I can't see that from pictures, maybe someone who has a relic panzerfaust might know? Thanks again mate.

This is what I have so far.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerfaust trigger mechanism   Panzerfaust trigger mechanism  

?

looks great, heres how they shot and loaded it

Hello Dave,
    Although it is only 1/9th scale, these photos of the one that I made may help you a little. I soldered the parts together and on to the tube. I have detail drawings of the construction but I will have to locate them, scan them and then I will post them when I am able to.
    Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerfaust trigger mechanism   Panzerfaust trigger mechanism  

Panzerfaust trigger mechanism   Panzerfaust trigger mechanism  

Panzerfaust trigger mechanism   Panzerfaust trigger mechanism  

Panzerfaust trigger mechanism  
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Panzerfaust trigger mechanismPanzerfaust trigger mechanismPanzerfaust trigger mechanismPanzerfaust trigger mechanismPanzerfaust trigger mechanismPanzerfaust trigger mechanism
    Found these for you. they are not mine

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Hello Dave,
    Although it is only 1/9th scale, these photos of the one that I made may help you a little. I soldered the parts together and on to the tube. I have detail drawings of the construction but I will have to locate them, scan them and then I will post them when I am able to.
    Ralph.
    Ralph, that is a work of art mate, just amazing!