Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Possible tank wheel found on a ww1 dump, Great Britain

Article about: Hello, I have been recovering artifacts from a first world war dump and found a very heavy duty wheel of some kind. Its very similar to a small roller/idler seen on many tanks of the time. I

Hist0ry hunter
    ?

Default Possible tank wheel found on a ww1 dump, Great Britain

Hello,

I have been recovering artifacts from a first world war dump and found a very heavy duty wheel of some kind. Its very similar to a small roller/idler seen on many tanks of the time. It weighs about 15KG and is in a part of the dump where many items are dated 1919 (from the time the camp was a demob center) so could have been a bring back souvenir from a tank/vehicle. Could you have a look at the attached photographs and tell me if it looks like anything from a WW1 armored vehicle. Also no idea what country it could have originated from so I have just posted it in the German area of the forum because it would be amazing if it is from an A7V.........we can all dream

Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Possible tank wheel found on a ww1 dump, Great Britain   Possible tank wheel found on a ww1 dump, Great Britain  

Possible tank wheel found on a ww1 dump, Great Britain  

'did you ever solve the mystery?

?

I think it is likely to be from a piece of machinery. I am certain it is not from a British WW1 tank.