Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

PZ 3, recovered from Smolensk area

Article about: 1998 year recovered tank

?

Default Re: PZ 3, recovered from Smolensk area

Most were recovered in April - May. Now a Commission is deciding which will go to local museums and which will be auctioned. Unfortunately I have a bad feeling that the military have $$$ /or rather Euro/ on their minds, gone crazy talking about millions and may sell some good examples. Well, on the other hand going abroad will be better for the vehicles, loss of history for the country but better care for the vehicles

?

But how many stil alive?
    And what they will do with soviet tanks?
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

There are no Russian tanks. Only cupolas from T-34. Maybe the tanks were too heavy to bring to the hills, or some other reason /the hull may have been used as tractor/, but only the cupolas from the T-34 were taken and installed on concrete boxes.

And also there are no complete German tanks - only empty hulls, unfortunately. 1 or two have the gearbox remaining, but most are empty. First they were emptied by the military when installed, back in the 50's. and later scrap metal hunters removed most small parts /and in fact several Panzer IV and Stugs were cut by illegal scrap dealers/.

There were also panzer IV cupolas without guns, used as machinegun nests.

About 140 T-34 turrets were already sold on auction 1 month or two ago. I have no idea what happen to them. Many may go to scrap, some to collectors or dealers. I have no further information. I do not know if there will be more T-34 cupolas for sale. German armor will be sold on auction, too. It was planned for the end of May, but there is still no information, so for sure it will be later - June or July or who knows when.

?

Quote by Sokol View Post
    There are no Russian tanks. Only cupolas from T-34. Maybe the tanks were too heavy to bring to the hills, or some other reason /the hull may have been used as tractor/, but only the cupolas from the T-34 were taken and installed on concrete boxes.

And also there are no complete German tanks - only empty hulls, unfortunately. 1 or two have the gearbox remaining, but most are empty. First they were emptied by the military when installed, back in the 50's. and later scrap metal hunters removed most small parts /and in fact several Panzer IV and Stugs were cut by illegal scrap dealers/.

There were also panzer IV cupolas without guns, used as machinegun nests.

About 140 T-34 turrets were already sold on auction 1 month or two ago. I have no idea what happen to them. Many may go to scrap, some to collectors or dealers. I have no further information. I do not know if there will be more T-34 cupolas for sale. German armor will be sold on auction, too. It was planned for the end of May, but there is still no information, so for sure it will be later - June or July or who knows when.
    Unfortunately the same as in all post-soviet republics
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

I guess there is alot of undiscovered stuff out there. Great pic.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2