Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Restored PAK 40

Article about: by AMTG Talk about giving away your position! I recall that Remy Schrinjnen covered the ground in front and to the sides of his PAK gun with shelter quarters to minimise the dust clouds thro

?

Interesting.
    That is one hell of a field piece.
    I think they should use sound suppressors when they fire it though.

When i win the lottery boys i'll let you fire my private pak 40

MAP
    ?

sweet! Where do I buy one?

?

Excellent little video..That is some flash & dust cloud kicked up by that thing!! You just hope you hit your target first time because the tank crew could see a mile off..& then it would be all over!!. thanks for showing Paul... Cheers Terry.

?

Talk about giving away your position!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Humt7tWvRc
    I though maybe they had used a "hot" load in the shell to make it look more dramatic, if you watch the film on the link you'll see there was a hell of a blast from the muzzle!..

Blackpowder maybe? I would imagine there's a chance these guys load their own, and that would be a lot easier, and cheaper to do rather than messing around with Diglycol powder which may be hard to get a hold of these days, and may require a totally different licence. Thinking/guessing aloud here guys so feel free to put me right.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    Blackpowder maybe? I would imagine there's a chance these guys load their own, and that would be a lot easier, and cheaper to do rather than messing around with Diglycol powder which may be hard to get a hold of these days, and may require a totally different licence. Thinking/guessing aloud here guys so feel free to put me right.
    Every chance of it Ned, there really was a hell of a lot of smoke!...

Thanks Paul for sharing this. I want One of These!!!!

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast