Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Sd. Kfz. 251 Wheels

Article about: Ah...it seems it's "relic-day" day for me... One more question: Can you guys confirm for a fact, that these are "NSU Kettenkrad HK 101 SdKfz 2" wheels? Or maybe another S

Last week I managed to finish restoring, to red oxide primer, another set of wheels for the SdKfz 251. As the weather was dry decide to pose it outside with the double I completed a couple of years ago. It is a slow restoration I have another two sets of single wheels in the restoration queue to do.

I am always looking for cheap 3 ton half track wheels, doubles, singles and spacers, and when I say cheap I mean really cheap as they seem to have gone up in price to silly amounts.
    Regards

Sd. Kfz. 251 WheelsSd. Kfz. 251 WheelsSd. Kfz. 251 Wheels

?

They look great!

...and to start a new story:

"As found" pics...:

Sd. Kfz. 251 WheelsSd. Kfz. 251 WheelsSd. Kfz. 251 Wheels

?

You have done a great job with them! Keep at it and keep posting please.

Have started on another set of wheels, but an arm injury/tennis elbow has stopped all work for the next few months at least. This has not stopped me collecting parts, I acquired another idler swing arm a few weeks ago in restorable condition and 3 more wheel hub caps. I now have both idler swing arms for the 3 ton half track.

Sd. Kfz. 251 WheelsSd. Kfz. 251 Wheels

23 eur its wery cheep.. and condition is not from bad.. this must put in electrolyze and oll rust gous a way..

Do you have a wheel with rubber tyre for sale. If yes can you supply pictures.

Regards

The arm has been better over the last couple of months, so I have been slowly working on another wheel set. Today I managed to rivet the spacer to the wheel and fit the front wheel as well, so I now have another set finished. I posed it with the other two from last year, they make a very nice display. I still have enough parts to make another two sets then the search starts for more wheels and spacers begins.

Also managed to acquire a few parts for the front steering section as well.

Sd. Kfz. 251 WheelsSd. Kfz. 251 WheelsSd. Kfz. 251 WheelsSd. Kfz. 251 Wheels
    Last edited by Granatwerfer; 02-19-2018 at 11:05 PM.

Glad to hear your arm is feeling better, and keep up the great work!

Kindest regards, Jonathan.

?

We just need to find you a 251 body from somewhere to mount all of these to. Great job!

These two wheels arrived today and some more are on the way. These are both made by Dunlop and dated 1943.

When the others arrive I will have a full set of single wheels for the 3 ton half track. Will then have to start looking for the double ones, and yes I am also collecting other parts as well. May have to start a dedicated thread to the restoration of all the parts.

Sd. Kfz. 251 Wheels
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Sd. Kfz. 251 Wheels  

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast