Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Sd. Kfz. 251 Wheels

Article about: Ah...it seems it's "relic-day" day for me... One more question: Can you guys confirm for a fact, that these are "NSU Kettenkrad HK 101 SdKfz 2" wheels? Or maybe another S

My small contribution to this thread.....

No, I'm not restoring a SdKfz 251 ( not enough money or space ). But I like the look of the vehicle - it is so typical of the Wehrmacht. Partly inspired by this thread and the information in it, I went to the La Gleize Show with the objective of buying an example of the most distinctive wheel - the one with 8 circular holes.

There were only three to be seen - one was very rusty and the tyre had been crudely hacked off. Another was rusty but good with a Continental tyre - but all efforts to find the stallholder failed . The last one was from a French dealer - rusty, but certainly not a dug-up, and a nice tyre - slightly worn rubber but the markings can be read, Continental again. It obviously has a real 'farmyard' modification to the hub with a bolted-in plate ( see all those 'Panzerwrecks' photos - local farmers seem almost to have removed wheels before the fighting was over ! )

Anyhow, deal done, but I have to say it's heavier than I thought. It was a long way up that hill in hot sunshine and then I had to get it on the carpark minibus.....

It's nice to have a genuine piece of Wehrmacht AFV in my collection - and many thanks to Richard ( Granatwerfer ) for his info in this thread

Sd. Kfz. 251 Wheels

?

Nice one, Martin! Yes, these are weight like 20 kilos...I had to take 3 of these home, from the post office (by foot), thankfully I live close

Update:

I cleaned the second wheel (the pair of wheel I've cleaned earlier) - this one looks the worse from out of all 5 wheels. Some pitting, and less paint remains...still it's a solid piece.

The next 3 wheels I'll be cleaning look a little different - I started on one of them, but needs a little more scrubbing...

Here is the second cleaned wheel - and yet another one saved from a junkyard!

Before:
    Sd. Kfz. 251 WheelsSd. Kfz. 251 Wheels

After:

?

update:

I have cleaned the first of 3 wheels - was a lot of scrubbing, but looks better than expected.
    Here are some "before" shots:
    Sd. Kfz. 251 WheelsSd. Kfz. 251 WheelsSd. Kfz. 251 Wheels

...and "after":
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Sd. Kfz. 251 Wheels   Sd. Kfz. 251 Wheels  

Last edited by Fabe; 07-07-2014 at 07:01 AM.

Thumbs up

Nice work, Fabe !

By coincidence, just yesterday Granatwerfer 'attacked' my wheel with his hand grinder, neatly removing the 'French farmyard' modification and revealing the original fixing holes.

Sd. Kfz. 251 Wheels

Default Sd.Kfz. 251 or 11 Wheel

Picked this up at the War & Peace show today, standard Continental tyre and markings.

It is the inner wheel of the single's as indicated by the 12 holes for the spacer. Now just need to find a spacer.

Regards

Richard

?

some cleaning pics of the wheel from post: 33

Sd. Kfz. 251 WheelsSd. Kfz. 251 WheelsSd. Kfz. 251 WheelsSd. Kfz. 251 Wheels

?

No, I'm still not restoring or building a SdKfz 251 - but I saw this track-link (which I belive is from a 251, but I could be wrong) here for 39 EU (at a Hungarian site), I took a chance on it...(I don't know the market value, seemed like an OK price)

Looks like a "barn-find", not a dug-up pile of rust - with only surface rust and plenty of paint still under it I think (both yellow and maybe some panzer gray). Also, all the screws and rubber pad still intact with markings (one of them is "38", maybe manufac. date?

After some cleaning, this will make a nice deco piece...

I'll of course update as always...

Sellers pics. (I don't have the item yet):

Sd. Kfz. 251 WheelsSd. Kfz. 251 WheelsSd. Kfz. 251 WheelsSd. Kfz. 251 WheelsSd. Kfz. 251 WheelsSd. Kfz. 251 WheelsSd. Kfz. 251 Wheels

Latest buy a standard Continental wheel with all the usual markings. This is an inner wheel of the singles as indicated by the 12 holes.

?

hey Guys -

can I have some opinions on this wheel?

Which vehicle? Maybe a SdKfz 250?

Marking is "FULDA" on the rubber + the numbers on the pic. - single or part of a double-set?

THX - Fabe

Sd. Kfz. 251 WheelsSd. Kfz. 251 WheelsSd. Kfz. 251 Wheels

?

Oh btw., I have cleaned the link from post #37 - thankfully it was in good condition, no pitting...

The markings: one side: "38 KM" other side: "150"

Cool deco piece or paper weight

Sd. Kfz. 251 WheelsSd. Kfz. 251 WheelsSd. Kfz. 251 WheelsSd. Kfz. 251 WheelsSd. Kfz. 251 WheelsSd. Kfz. 251 WheelsSd. Kfz. 251 Wheels

Cheers,
    Fabe

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast