Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Sd. Kfz. 251 Wheels

Article about: Ah...it seems it's "relic-day" day for me... One more question: Can you guys confirm for a fact, that these are "NSU Kettenkrad HK 101 SdKfz 2" wheels? Or maybe another S

?

Default Sd. Kfz. 251 Wheels

Ah...it seems it's "relic-day" day for me...

One more question:

Can you guys confirm for a fact, that these are "NSU Kettenkrad HK 101 SdKfz 2" wheels? Or maybe another Sd.Kfz model?
    They have 6 holes and small holes all around...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ba17_1_big.jpg 
Views:	619 
Size:	130.7 KB 
ID:	692584Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ba17_3_big.jpg 
Views:	292 
Size:	126.9 KB 
ID:	692585Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ba17_4_big.jpg 
Views:	515 
Size:	133.0 KB 
ID:	692586

I already checked this site: WW2 Battlefield Relics Know Your Wehrmacht Wheels

Here are some pics of a re-built vehicle:

Name:	t-nsu-kettenkrad-02.jpg 
Views:	390 
Size:	190.1 KB 
ID:	692587Click image for larger version. 

Name:	t-nsu-kettenkrad-11.jpg 
Views:	1061 
Size:	229.2 KB 
ID:	692588

They look a bit different...So now I'm a bit stumped.

Just saw these for sale - if they are in fact German WW2 relic wheels, I'd have a good idea to display them...
    Any chance that they are post-war Czech wheels from an OT810 model?

THX - Fabe

?

Ok...I think these are from this model (?)

Sd.Kfz. 251 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

?

Uh, measurements would be good to go off of. Kettenkrads are quite small, the diameter of the wheels being maybe a foot and a half.

Edit - The one I have access to also lacks the small holes in the wheels.

Default 3 ton half track wheels

They look to be a pair of wheels that make up the double set on the 3 ton half tracks Sd.Kfz.251 or 11. They seem to have been cut in half post war to be used as a set of wheels for a cart.

Is there any information on the rubber, it should state the size and maker. If the size is 575 x 510,5 x 48 or 512 it is for the 3 ton half track and the maker should be any one of the following:- Continental, Deka, Vorwerk or Dunlop. If not any of these makers then post war OT810. The small holes are where rivets hold the 2 wheels together via a spacer.

I have just bought a pair that have had the same done to them, I am looking for more wheels and parts for the 3 ton Half track.

I hope this is of some help.

Regards

Richard
    Last edited by Granatwerfer; 05-21-2014 at 09:51 PM. Reason: Additional Information

?

THX Guys...I'll ask the seller.

?

the seller reply:

he can't read any rubber markings anymore, since they are well used condt. - but said that the bearings are German made...

does it have a chance?

Without the rubber tyre information you can not be 100% sure, but with German bearings and the amount of wear I would probably say yes. The place to look for the information is on the side of the rubber tyre if this helps.

?

THX for all the info - 'alas the auction just ended about an hour ago, so I took a chance...
    I did win them for 40 EU (no clue what value these have) - and plan to make a nice wall display sometime in the future, however, if they are really a "pair", it would be nice to get them to their original state somehow (I don't mean the paint, just structurally).
    This will be a big project for me - so I'll update here in this thread when I'll make any progress. Lots a research will be needed, and more parts (no idea if I will ever find original rivets, etc. for these).

When I get them home somehow, I'll also check for any markings, just to be sure...and make more pics.

THX again and I hope you guys don't mind if I'll have more questions in the future.

Cheers,
    Fabe

?

Someone just offered 3 of these (4 on the pic, but sold one) Sd.Kfz.251 wheels for 23 EU/each - again, taken apart post-war. There are German for sure, with lots of rubber left (markings can be seen on one pic.) - quite rusty thou'... Good price?

Is there any way to "clean" these from the rust, without totally destroying anything under the rust? Or are these hopeless? I feel that I have a "duty" save these from the junk-yard, where they buy metal by the kilos here in Hungary and would be melted...

Name:	0e17_7_big.jpg 
Views:	273 
Size:	100.9 KB 
ID:	695481Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0e17_6_big.jpg 
Views:	481 
Size:	105.9 KB 
ID:	695482Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0e17_1_big.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	124.0 KB 
ID:	695483Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0e17_2_big.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	127.1 KB 
ID:	695484Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0e17_3_big.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	136.8 KB 
ID:	695485

THX Guys!

Cheers,
    Fabe

Hi Fabe

23 Euro per wheel that is a very good price. Looking at the pictures I think there is very little chance of finding any original paint under the rust, but you never know. Even in this condition I would say they are worth saving, they are part of history. I would buy them at that price, but the shipping to England might be a little high.

As too cleaning the rust, you could try a little bit of what we call in England "Wet and Dry" or "Emery Paper" on a small section to see if there is any paint underneath.

I am looking for more of these wheels, including the single ones and the spacers, not the spacers for the doubles.

Regards

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast