Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Sd. Kfz. 251 Wheels

Article about: Ah...it seems it's "relic-day" day for me... One more question: Can you guys confirm for a fact, that these are "NSU Kettenkrad HK 101 SdKfz 2" wheels? Or maybe another S

?

Default Sd. Kfz. 251 Wheels

Ah...it seems it's "relic-day" day for me...

One more question:

Can you guys confirm for a fact, that these are "NSU Kettenkrad HK 101 SdKfz 2" wheels? Or maybe another Sd.Kfz model?
    They have 6 holes and small holes all around...
    Sd. Kfz. 251 WheelsSd. Kfz. 251 WheelsSd. Kfz. 251 Wheels

I already checked this site: WW2 Battlefield Relics Know Your Wehrmacht Wheels

Here are some pics of a re-built vehicle:
    Sd. Kfz. 251 WheelsSd. Kfz. 251 Wheels

They look a bit different...So now I'm a bit stumped.

Just saw these for sale - if they are in fact German WW2 relic wheels, I'd have a good idea to display them...
    Any chance that they are post-war Czech wheels from an OT810 model?

THX - Fabe

?

Ok...I think these are from this model (?)

Sd.Kfz. 251 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

?

Uh, measurements would be good to go off of. Kettenkrads are quite small, the diameter of the wheels being maybe a foot and a half.

Edit - The one I have access to also lacks the small holes in the wheels.

Default 3 ton half track wheels

They look to be a pair of wheels that make up the double set on the 3 ton half tracks Sd.Kfz.251 or 11. They seem to have been cut in half post war to be used as a set of wheels for a cart.

Is there any information on the rubber, it should state the size and maker. If the size is 575 x 510,5 x 48 or 512 it is for the 3 ton half track and the maker should be any one of the following:- Continental, Deka, Vorwerk or Dunlop. If not any of these makers then post war OT810. The small holes are where rivets hold the 2 wheels together via a spacer.

I have just bought a pair that have had the same done to them, I am looking for more wheels and parts for the 3 ton Half track.

I hope this is of some help.

Regards

Richard
    Last edited by Granatwerfer; 05-21-2014 at 08:51 PM. Reason: Additional Information

?

THX Guys...I'll ask the seller.

?

the seller reply:

he can't read any rubber markings anymore, since they are well used condt. - but said that the bearings are German made...

does it have a chance?

Without the rubber tyre information you can not be 100% sure, but with German bearings and the amount of wear I would probably say yes. The place to look for the information is on the side of the rubber tyre if this helps.

?

THX for all the info - 'alas the auction just ended about an hour ago, so I took a chance...
    I did win them for 40 EU (no clue what value these have) - and plan to make a nice wall display sometime in the future, however, if they are really a "pair", it would be nice to get them to their original state somehow (I don't mean the paint, just structurally).
    This will be a big project for me - so I'll update here in this thread when I'll make any progress. Lots a research will be needed, and more parts (no idea if I will ever find original rivets, etc. for these).

When I get them home somehow, I'll also check for any markings, just to be sure...and make more pics.

THX again and I hope you guys don't mind if I'll have more questions in the future.

Cheers,
    Fabe

?

Someone just offered 3 of these (4 on the pic, but sold one) Sd.Kfz.251 wheels for 23 EU/each - again, taken apart post-war. There are German for sure, with lots of rubber left (markings can be seen on one pic.) - quite rusty thou'... Good price?

Is there any way to "clean" these from the rust, without totally destroying anything under the rust? Or are these hopeless? I feel that I have a "duty" save these from the junk-yard, where they buy metal by the kilos here in Hungary and would be melted...

Sd. Kfz. 251 WheelsSd. Kfz. 251 WheelsSd. Kfz. 251 WheelsSd. Kfz. 251 WheelsSd. Kfz. 251 Wheels

THX Guys!

Cheers,
    Fabe

Hi Fabe

23 Euro per wheel that is a very good price. Looking at the pictures I think there is very little chance of finding any original paint under the rust, but you never know. Even in this condition I would say they are worth saving, they are part of history. I would buy them at that price, but the shipping to England might be a little high.

As too cleaning the rust, you could try a little bit of what we call in England "Wet and Dry" or "Emery Paper" on a small section to see if there is any paint underneath.

I am looking for more of these wheels, including the single ones and the spacers, not the spacers for the doubles.

Regards

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast