Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Sdkfz 251 Vision block. (for Ade)

Article about: Hello again, Just thought i would share another interesting item in my collection that was dugout in Poland.Believe it or not this item was listed as a Tiger Tank vision block when i found i

Default Sdkfz 251 Vision block. (for Ade)

Hello again,
    Just thought i would share another interesting item in my collection that was dugout in Poland.Believe it or not this item was listed as a Tiger Tank vision block when i found it on ebay.Well after i won the auction and payed a considerable amount of money to bring it to oz i was shocked to find such a little box I was expecting this huge thing to show up being a main vision block from one of Germany's largest and most feared Tank's
    Well after a confusing batch of email's to the seller he then revealed to me that this was dugout with a large amount of part's from a destroyed Sdkfz 251 Halftrack!
    Needless to say i was very happy with that after all and now it sit's proudly in my collection and is an easy item to display.Although it's very thick with multi layered glass it is crystal clear to look through which is quite amazing but definately required to see any enemy from within
    I have included 2 shot's i have previously shown with another thread of the interior of a 251 showing the same kind of block that was used either side of the driver's position.
    This one's for Ade and any other interested viewer's
    Tom
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Sdkfz 251 Vision block. (for Ade)   Sdkfz 251 Vision block. (for Ade)  

Sdkfz 251 Vision block. (for Ade)   Sdkfz 251 Vision block. (for Ade)  

Sdkfz 251 Vision block. (for Ade)  
    Attached Images Attached Images Sdkfz 251 Vision block. (for Ade)  Sdkfz 251 Vision block. (for Ade) 

Default Re: Sdkfz 251 Vision block. (for Ade)

Thanks Tom. If I had the money, a "251" would be top of my shopping list. I love this vehicle.

I have driven an "OT810" Czech version which was a lot of fun

Cheers, Ade.

Default Re: Sdkfz 251 Vision block. (for Ade)

Hi Ade,
    Yeah me too.Alway's loved the 251's and other Halftrack's too. Gee i'd love to drive a Chech one and better than not driving a Halftrack at all. We have a couple over here in oz but not in Victoria where i am

Cheer's mate

Tom