Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Skoda factory Pilsen

Article about: Various Jagdpanzer 38(t)s reputedly at the Skoda factory Pilsen, i'd have thought spring 1945 seeing as there are US troops inspecting them, seems strange to me that the vehicles are wearing

Default Skoda factory Pilsen

Skoda factory PilsenSkoda factory PilsenSkoda factory PilsenSkoda factory PilsenSkoda factory Pilsen

Various Jagdpanzer 38(t)s reputedly at the Skoda factory Pilsen, i'd have thought spring 1945 seeing as there are US troops inspecting them, seems strange to me that the vehicles are wearing camo paint at the factory, i thought German vehicles were camo painted in the field!...

Perhaps on the way to Switzerland who bought a number of Hetzers post war.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Verry interesting...I know there was also one factory in Prague, during the revolt in may 1945, people took these tanks in the factory, one is in the Tank Museum, near Prague.
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Quote by Anon View Post
    Perhaps on the way to Switzerland who bought a number of Hetzers post war.
    Yup that's possible Jerry!...

The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

nice post Gunny.

?

What kind of gun did they carry.

Quote by SteveR View Post
    What kind of gun did they carry.
    7.5 cm Pak 39 (L/48) (7.5 cm Panzerabwehrkanone 39) was a 7.5 cm German Second World War era AT (Anti-Tank) gun. The gun was used to equip SdKfz.162 Jagdpanzer IV/48 and SdKfz.138/2 Jagdpanzer 38(t) "Hetzer" tank destroyers; no towed version of the weapon was made. The Pak 39 was an electrically fired weapon fitted with a semiautomatic breech mechanism and a 48 caliber barrel. It was a formidable gun, able to destroy the most common allied tanks from up to 1,000 meters. It used the same 75 x 495R ammunition as the 7.5 cm KwK 40 of Panzer IV and 7.5 cm StuK 40 gun fitted on the Sturmgeschütz-series assault guns. The Pak 39 was manufactured from 1943 onwards by Rheinmetall-Borsig AG in Unterlüß and by Seitz-Werke GmbH in Bad Kreuznach. The main types of ammunition used were: Panzergranatpatrone 39 (APCBC), Sprenggranatpatrone 37 (HE) and different versions of the Granatpatrone 39 HL (HEAT).
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Vehicles produced late at war were often painted at factories and in case of protectorate, there were few factories making equipment. Also, they were often painted with captured Czechoslovak paints - different shades than German colors. Also proximity to the front meant that vehicles were quickly put into frontline service hence they were painted at factories.

Also, factories repaired vehicles so camo painted vehicles were not an uncommon sight at factories.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast