Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

StuG III Part

Article about: Hi Guys Thought I would share with you my first ever panzer part. It is the sight cover on the roof near the cupola, the arm that attaches to the sight is a little bent.

Default StuG III Part

Hi Guys

Thought I would share with you my first ever panzer part. It is the sight cover on the roof near the cupola, the arm that attaches to the sight is a little bent.

StuG III Part

StuG III Part

Neat item Granat ....but I myself can not picture it...could you possibly post a photo of a Stug III and its placement of this part,,for myself and the readers. Best Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Default StuG III Sight Cover

Hi Larry

Not a problem. In my first picture you need to turn the cover 180 degrees to get the orientation nearly correct. You can see the cover just in front of the spare track links.

I also have another part coming that is part of the roof under the cover which has one of the guide rails. Will post a picture when it arrives.

StuG III Part
    Last edited by Granatwerfer; 10-31-2014 at 11:22 PM. Reason: Additional Information

?

This cover is for the main gun optic sight , i have the very same piece with the relic optic !! Where is this one from ?

Hi Paul

That is a very nice cover still plenty of original paint left.

My cover came from a seller in Latvia, that is all I know about it. It also has a crack in it at the narrowest point, will have to get that fixed.

Regards

?

A few more photos of the Gun sight mantlet and the sight in position!!

StuG III PartStuG III PartStuG III Part

?

Good close up also of the extra armour weldxed on to protect the Commamders cupola !

Thumbs up

TBH I was struggling a little to picture where this part went - now it's absolutely clear. Thanks Paul !

Hi guys

There was a parcel waiting for me yesterday when I got home from work, it was the roof section with the guide rail. The top part of the rail is missing, so will have to be replaced. Does anyone have access to a StuG III to measure the missing piece or know the dimensions, I can work out the length it's just the width and thickness of steel.

The first 2 pictures show the inside and outside, the third shows the two parts together and in their correct orientation.

Regards

StuG III PartStuG III PartStuG III Part

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast