Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tiger 1 tracks

Article about: I can confirm successfully buying parts from said Janis. SF.

Default Tiger 1 tracks

Hi every one. Here are some pictures of my Tiger 1 tracks. The top two are marked CKC and the third has no marks. My question is was there a few makers of these tracks? The bottom track in the photo taken above it can be seen that there is a cast difference to the other two and that leads to the question of a few makers? The bottom one is in awesome condition on the cleats with very little wear on the horns.

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SANY0070.jpg 
Views:	208 
Size:	210.9 KB 
ID:	602900   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SANY0071.jpg 
Views:	391 
Size:	211.1 KB 
ID:	602899  

Yes, there were many different foundries casting links. CKC is Deutsche Eisenwerke AG, based in Muhlheim. My own Tiger link has no manufacturer code discernable in the casting.

Ah thank you for that. I thought it a little strange to change the casting, I thought along the lines of trying to make it look different like they aren't all made in the same place to draw attention away from the bombings of the factory, I think I did read something like that with Thale ET helmets changing to CKL stampings.

How long is a single track?

Hey WillC. They are 728mm Long and 180mm wide. I have no idea of the weight but would put them around 25 maybe 30kg each. Just a warning to anyone dealing in these from Latvia there is one trader Janis that has ripped me off for a second link pin with many excuses I can back with emails, I have had no problems with the others in fact I recommend all but this man, feed back means everything and I don't want to see any fellow collectors burnt.

Thanks for the info and the info about buying these. Im going on a trip to Normnady in June and I hope that I can find alot of ww2 german stuff there.

Rob who deals in these links ?? do you have any emails addresses?? if you would like you can ping me an PM!! Thanks a lot Terry.

Terry, go to ebay and search on "militaria track links". Personally, I have bought many links through jevgenijss (the guy who displays his links on the red backcloth) and although expensive he has always provided excellent service and he is a well known and respected digger. The pictures of his backyard would make you weep.

Ok thanks for that Steve I will look at that now.. See what turns up? I think it would be good for the War Room to have a link in there good for display purposes...So thank you again for your time. Cheers Terry.

Yes jevgenijss or Kurlander69 and Kurlander71, these guys are awesome. jonis77janis is the one that ripped me off with a track pin. He kept offering other parts more or less to push time that he would get no negative feedback. 1 3/4 months to say the sandblasters fixed it and he'll post it, more like they lost it and this guy is not honest. That was the last I heard from him and still no track pin. I've since got one now coming from Kurlander69. Please guys avoid jonis77janis he is not honest and I don't want to see other collectors taken for a ride. Hopefully you turn up some great stuff WillC =)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast