Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Track Links

Article about: Good afternoon, I would like to ask you if anybody would know from which vehicle this piece of track links could be. Thank you very much in advance for your answers, Best regards, DarthSion

Default Track Links

Good afternoon,

I would like to ask you if anybody would know from which vehicle this piece of track links could be.

Thank you very much in advance for your answers,

Best regards,
    DarthSion
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Track Links   Track Links  

I'm sure someone will be along pretty soon to help you....but, just a tip....may I suggest you include a ruler, lighter, coin, tape measure, phone etc in future pics...it helps us get an idea of scale/size.

Good luck!

Where it was found might help as well. Are there any letters, makers marks on it?

Thank you both for your inputs.

The size of this track link is:

28, 5 cm for the bottom part (regarding the first picture)
    38, 5 cm for the upper part (regarding the first picture - opposite to 28, 5 cm)
    22, 5 cm for the lateral parts

It was found between two fields, on a tiny band of grass (it seems, it was lifted by a tractor). On this place, it is said that a small battle during ww2 occurred during which some soviet tanks were destroyed (no evidence in oral history about the presence of German tanks in this battle).

Unfortunately, there are no marks, nor letters on the track link.

Best regards,
    DarthSion

Your links are from a Soviet DT series crawler tractor manufactured from 1949 and which replaced the famous Stalinets Tractor (1937-1941).

DT 54 (1949-1979)

DT 75 (1963-present)

For those in the UK that require spare parts for their DT 75, it is available in the UK as the Belarus DT 75!

Description

Советские траки (каталог-определитель) | Страница 2 | SmolBattle

Regards

Martin
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Track Links   Track Links