Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Type 166

Article about: Does anyone know which Fallschirmjager units had access to Schwimmwagens? Mainly interested in western front and Mediterranean theater, I've had little luck identifying any particular units,

?

Default Type 166

Does anyone know which Fallschirmjager units had access to Schwimmwagens? Mainly interested in western front and Mediterranean theater, I've had little luck identifying any particular units, and have only found one photo.

( Check HERE for more photos! )

Type 166
    Type 166
    Type 166

I would have thought so,also that's a british m/cycle.

You need an Order of Battle which will tell you which units SHOULD have had what vehicles. One is bound to be online.

However, practise and reality are two different things.....I know this from talking to many Vets of different nationalities.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    that's a british m/cycle.
    Are you sure? I can't see a pool of oil under it.

?

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    I would have thought so,also that's a british m/cycle.
    It is a BSA M20, as was pointed out on the FB page, good eye there!

Thanks for the advice Ade, I'll get digging to see what I find! As a note; the last two pictures are from my reenactment group, utilizing a 166 we have at our disposal.

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Are you sure? I can't see a pool of oil under it.
    One thing I've learned working on these things, is everything has a pool of oil under it, always.

In all fairness to the British Motorcycle industry I do have to say that my Triumph didn't leak oil.

Type 166