Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

What info do you have on these Flak 18 shells?

Article about: I received these Flak18 37 centimeters shells and i have not found info about them. All i found was reference to flak 88 but they seem too small to be shot from an 88. So if you have info pl

?

Default What info do you have on these Flak 18 shells?

I received these Flak18 37 centimeters shells and i have not found info about them. All i found was reference to flak 88 but they seem too small to be shot from an 88. So if you have info please ...
    And if someone has a picture with a complete shell ? (with warhead). Thank you.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What info do you have on these Flak 18 shells?   What info do you have on these Flak 18 shells?  

What info do you have on these Flak 18 shells?   What info do you have on these Flak 18 shells?  

What info do you have on these Flak 18 shells?  

Default Re: What info do you have on these Flak 18 shells?

The German 3,7cm FLAK 18 and FLAK 36 was a ground based anti-aircraft weapon. There was also a version mounted on Stuka. Your shells are both early war construction (1939) and constructed of brass. Both of the removable primers have not been fired. Both have Heer WaffenAmts. Your shells are in great condition. - Van

?

Here's a photo of both types of round- Sprgr. and Pzgr. (HE and AP).
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What info do you have on these Flak 18 shells?  
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

Hello-somewhat confusingly (which is what they had intended) the Germans designated a number of weapons the 'model 18' for designed/adopted in 1918 that had actually been developed in the twenties and early thirties. This was done to mislead the Versailles treaty Allied control commission that they weren't continuing the development of various banned weapons such as the 88mm Flak 18, the 105mm FH 18 field gun, the 37mm Flak 18 etc After 1936 when the Nazis cancelled the treaty this was no longer needed so the various types from then on were designated with the correct year of adoption.