Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 German Range Finder/Artillery Flak Scope

Article about: This is what I believe to be a German WW2 artillery flak scope, however, I have also seen them referenced as being used on U-Boat deck gun. Can anyone confirm that this is WW2 and their spec

Default WW2 German Range Finder/Artillery Flak Scope

This is what I believe to be a German WW2 artillery flak scope, however, I have also seen them referenced as being used on U-Boat deck gun. Can anyone confirm that this is WW2 and their specific use?
    Thanks,
    Dave
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 German Range Finder/Artillery Flak Scope   WW2 German Range Finder/Artillery Flak Scope  

WW2 German Range Finder/Artillery Flak Scope   WW2 German Range Finder/Artillery Flak Scope  

WW2 German Range Finder/Artillery Flak Scope   WW2 German Range Finder/Artillery Flak Scope  

Default Re: WW2 German Range Finder/Artillery Flak Scope

Man that is frickin awesome! Is it yours? Well done if so.

They look like standard 12 x 60 binoculars, normally they were used on 4 meter rangefinders but had a number of other uses. The pair I have I have had for a number of years but to be honest I prefer to use a pair of 10 x 80's. I don't see them being used on a deck gun as undoubtedly as some stage they would be left on the gun when diving and I don't think they would have survived the dive.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 German Range Finder/Artillery Flak Scope   WW2 German Range Finder/Artillery Flak Scope  

Yes, I just got them today.I was miffed, working all day in the rain, so I stopped by a small antique shop in the sticks.I saw them on the counter, where she just got them in,I asked how much, and when she said 100.00 dollars,as of that moment, they were mine !

That is a very nice set that you have.Yours, like mine looks like it has a provision underneath, for a quick release for fast removal.I believe my father told me that they had an anti-aircraft machine gun that they stowed below deck on their submarine, which they would mount on deck during prolonged surface time,etc..If this could be removed, maybe these optics could as well.
    David

You got an real deal for your binoculars, you really did.....$100 wow. Here's the transit box used for the binoculars with the attachment bracket for the binoculars themselves.

Thanks for the information;that is the first case that I've seen.The case is probably more rare than the binoculars I would guess.
    Regards,
    David

Massive like !!!

Thanks