Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Budyenovkas

Article about: Hello, is this one original?

Ost-Berlin
    ?

Default Budyenovkas

Hello, is this one original?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Budyenovkas   Budyenovkas  

Budyenovkas   Budyenovkas  

2. # ADS

Default Re: Budyenovkas

maybe i,m wrong but somehow i dont like it.

I can tell you this: The enameled star is for Naval Bezka (visorless cap - Donald Duck cap) from 1950X...

Also, the cut(s) of the fabric (that seem to me to be of 60X-80X rough wool {for shinel coat composition}) appears to be of the "souvenir" type.

The ink stamp;

IMO that is...
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

?

Too hard to say from that pictures, Richie is right, the star is NAVY and postwar. The cap itself has something strange, but I can't tell exactly what.
    The liner's cloth is ok, the wool is 100 % not a overcoat, but also not proper in color, closeup pictures of the cloth and original color sheme will be good to see.
    The stamps Red Warrior is the pre 39 year type, but I cannot compare with original one.
    But more detailed pictures will be nice to see, also the place where the liner's edge, where is stitchings to the cap's base
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Ost-Berlin
    ?

Thanks for your opinions! I also had some doubts.

Alfred
    ?

Default Budyenovkas

Hello what do you think about this Budyenovka. It was bought from the seller in the earliy 90´s.

best regards
    Andreas
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Budyenovkas   Budyenovkas  

?

Unfortunately this is the wrong example, wrong lining, wrong star , leather loops. Too rare item too
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Alfred
    ?

thanks Dimas for your answer.

Yes I also saw the brand new looking leather loops.

regards
    Andreas

Thanks for coming Andreas...

BTW guys, Andreas has been interested in and a collector of Soviet things for many years. Him and I have interacted many times on the forums.

.................................................. .........................

In any case; IMO, this Budionovka is 100% false example probably created for film use, collector deceit, or perhaps even "souvenir" purpose.

Adding to Dim's comments which I agree with 100% - especially this pattern that is mimicked often is just "too rare"...:

1- Early (1920X) Budionovka did not use star-cockardes, especially (Hammer/Plow) ones that were enameled.

2- I will place a bet that the leather closing straps are fresh and supple, and the buttons that are covered in fabric are constructed from modern plastic.
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.