Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Some of my M35 visor hats

Article about: Infantry in rare combination and one cavalry got from a our forum member Soljenitsine, a little bit restored( the part of sweatband was attached to the visor with glue- that was a lot of wor

?

Default Re: Some of my M35 visor hats

From the cap you show,I prefer the first one. The second has a strange color, or probably this makes a camera-flash. Also strange seam near the right chinstrap button. But the chinstrap is nice and pre-war production. I think this cap can be private purchased. First cap has an normal war time sweatband. Star is nice, but I prefer to say- save it for early cap, because today is nearly impossible get one like that, normal 35's stars not hard to get. Sometimes in Ebay you can find them- but at my point all of my buying experience on Ebay was sucessfull for at 20%, other 80 was fakes( newer buy items with bad quality pictures).
    Regards,
    Dimas

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Some of my M35 visor hats
    P
    Many

Here are a few further shots of Mr. Webster's Tankist cap, as per your request Dimas:
    Attached Images Attached Images Some of my M35 visor hats  Some of my M35 visor hats  Some of my M35 visor hats  Some of my M35 visor hats 

You are correct about lighting/camera flash Dimas. My Tankist's cap is the same color as Mr Webster's in the previous posting. I shot the image at sunset, so the colour does appear a bit odd.

In any case, about the Doctor's cap with the early star; Mr. Webster received it that way and does not want to change it. He says it has been there since the beginning because there is a "ghost" behind it. Perhaps the original owner liked that beautiful large star better than the ones from 1936. I have seen in period photos many variations of stars applied to caps by choice and tastes of their owners.

It is a fine looking star. I own only one, and believe it or not, I bought it on eBay in 1998r:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Some of my M35 visor hats  
    Last edited by RichieC; 10-11-2007 at 04:11 AM.

?

I think in the close up pictures I can tell you that this cap was repaired. The sweatband which is on the cap is 100 % cannot be on the cap like that. That type of sweatband is from 1943 year firstly seen. But the cap itself ended production in 1940. Probably the cap was restored postwar or for museum, because the color and construction looks ok for me.
    About the cockades- of course I prefer to have items in untouched condition, as is. But this is nearly impossible to get .

Quote by Dimas View Post
    I think in the close up pictures I can tell you that this cap was repaired. The sweatband which is on the cap is 100 % cannot be on the cap like that. That type of sweatband is from 1943 year firstly seen. But the cap itself ended production in 1940. Probably the cap was restored postwar or for museum, because the color and construction looks ok for me.
    Dimas,

Dave has asked me if you would elaborate about sweatbands in general (it is a very interesting subject for both I am him, BTW), and also your opinion of which type/material the sweatband is supposed to be in that cap.

He feels that the cap is unaltered as it shows little use, and the type of thread used throughout the liner and the sweatbad is the same.

My questions is: Perhaps Dave's cap is a private purchase example?

?

Hi Richie, I will answer to all questions ASAP.
    Rgds,
    Dimas

No problem Dimas... ...at your leisure...

One thing about the sweatband I do notice that is different than others I have seen, is that it does not seem as wide as usual.

Perhaps Dave, you will measure it and let us know?

?

I've create a new thread about that here:

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/ussr-...weatbands.html

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2