Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

SSch39 helmet

Article about: You notice that when you look around at netsellers, ebay and so. There is not many good condition helmets for sale, because there are not that many around!

Default Re: Russian helmet WW2 ???

Thanks for the info Ade.

I got it over here on a Flohmarkt before the Euro is all I can remember. I only took because I couldn't find anything German that day!

Is it any good for swapping?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SSch39 helmet
    P
    Many

Very good for swapping! What are you after?

Cheers, Ade.

Ade,

As you might have thought, I like German stuff, any fair trade considered, I like paperwork, helmets anything, point is you would obviously appreciate it more than I would, so it would be better off with you. What you got?

PS I posted a gravity knife thread on the relivant forum I would value your thoughts on the Bakelite grips? I have no idea have you seen it before?

Default Re: SSch39 helmet

Once again this site has prooved an excellent source of info. I now understand the helmet I have is quite a rare one. I will now move it out of the damp cellar into the study and give it the respect it deserves Would more picture of the liner be useful if I can get them uploaded?

Quote by jock auld View Post
    Once again this site has prooved an excellent source of info. I now understand the helmet I have is quite a rare one. I will now move it out of the damp cellar into the study and give it the respect it deserves Would more picture of the liner be useful if I can get them uploaded?
    Yes, by all means do so if possible. Unfold the liner and have a look at the back side. There is probably a liner size marking stamped to the back of one of the liner fingers and possibly another type stamp as well. Given that it is a shell size 2, you should find a 56 or 58 stamped on the reverse of one of the fingers.

Mike Baskette

Mike as requested and well predicted a large 56 on one of the fingers.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SSch39 helmet   SSch39 helmet  

SSch39 helmet  

otec
    ?

Hello
    I am looking for information about a helmet I have in my possession. I was told it comes from Karelen as a war trophy.
    So the question is, is it genuine? What is a estimated value?
    Would be grateful for information.
    Thanks in advance / Otec
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SSch39 helmet   SSch39 helmet  

SSch39 helmet  

?

In around of 300-400 USD.

Hello
    I am looking for information about a helmet I have in my possession. I was told it comes from Karelen as a war trophy.
    So the question is, is it genuine? What is a estimated value?
    Would be grateful for information.
    Thanks in advance / Otec
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Welcome to the forum!

It is a very nice helmet. Great example.

Cheers, Ade.

Greetings,

Fine helmet you have there... It is genuine and an early example of Ssh-39 so a souvenir of the Russo-Finnish battles is very likely. This particular version is pretty uncommon. A quick glance would suggest this is the earliest white, natural leather variant. However from its construction I suspect this one is a more uncommon type. There is a white synthetic leather variation you do not see very often that was made before the more common black, synthetic material in this configuration. A look at the back side of the white liner material would confirm this.

Value? dependent on condition really. I have seen these early ones fetch $700-$900 USD recently.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast