Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

ADRIAN helmet Russian refurb?

Article about: Hello fellow collectors. This one attracted my attention as it seems to be in quite good shape and the price is very modest. The only question is what is it? I first thought about a Spanish

Jan
    ?

Default ADRIAN helmet Russian refurb?

Hello fellow collectors. This one attracted my attention as it seems to be in quite good shape and the price is very modest. The only question is what is it?

I first thought about a Spanish civil war used helmet but the liner band looks distinctively Russian, am I correct?

All help welcome!

Best, Jan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ADRIAN helmet Russian refurb?   ADRIAN helmet Russian refurb?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ADRIAN helmet Russian refurb?
    P
    Many

Jan, what makes this liner Russian to you? From what I’ve read about Adrians used by the Russians in WWI, the only difference between the French and the Russian was the replacement of the badge and a repaint from the French blue to the Russian tan. Kevin

?

I would agree with pupapup, I don't think there was anything different in the Russian liner, the type 2 liner (type 1 being a single piece of leather) in this helmet came in various colours.

It's really hard to say where this helmet was used, but it has some character. If the paint doesn't have a shadow of of a badge then it could well be Spanish used.

Steve.

Jan
    ?

I was just looking at the wave shaped liner liner band (see picture) and compared it to Soviet helmets in my collection.

Thank you so much, didnĀ“t realize this was a French feature also.

Best,

Jan
    Attached Images Attached Images ADRIAN helmet Russian refurb? 

?

Hi Jan, the corrugated strips are standard for M15 helmets, they came in two different depths of corrugation.
    Helmets were made in three sizes (A, B and C), with three different size liners for each shell, (A1, A2, A3, B1 etc) the strips were used in combination to fit the liner to the the shell.

Steve.

If it's any help to this thread, here's a shot of the liner in my French M15 Adrian.

Regards, B.B.

Jan
    ?

Thank You very much guys!!

Best, Jan

Hi

I would consider the helmet to be repainted frenck Kaki between the two wars. The russian kaki was different

Bruno