Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Another Ssh-40

Article about: Hi, I watched the stamp and apart from the delicacy of this stamp, I like this marking well. There are similarities in the markings of the years 39-40 and 41 and similarities with the markin

Default Re: Another Ssh-40

Hi,
    I watched the stamp and apart from the delicacy of this stamp, I like this marking well.
    There are similarities in the markings of the years 39-40 and 41 and similarities with the markings of 44-45 ... it looks really marked transition.
    I think that marking and helmet are authentic.
    Regards.
    Philippe

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Another Ssh-40
    P
    Many

Since no one else has see it yet, I will tell you now. The only difference in the two stamps that I can give any significance to is that the date in the first stamp is "42r." while the second is "42r" The first helmet has a period after the Cyrillic g and the second does not. I have never seen this period before on an Ssh-40 stamp. Maybe I have just never seen a stamp this clear.

Again, the size of this stamp #1 in terms of character height and size of the box is OK. The information in the stamp is OK. The characters look somewhat different that those in stamp #2, but there style is basically the same and the differences that do exist could be explained by the sharpness of #1 versus #2. The ink in #2 has possibly just spread out more.

Now things will get more interesting... here is the rest of the helmet. It has only the original coat of paint and a yellow colored web with a metal termination on the end.

Comments?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Another Ssh-40   Another Ssh-40  

Another Ssh-40   Another Ssh-40  

Another Ssh-40  

I might add that the liner material is not the typical "shiney" stuff seen in mass produced postwar helmets of the 1950's. It is in the similar, but finer textured pattern seen on some Ssh-39 head bands as well as on the pads of early postwar Ssh-40.

Hello,

Marking indentique on this helmet, and too to date 42

Marc
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Another Ssh-40  

Hello, I see you are still at it. Very good. I see this answers my question to you if any SSch40 war time helmet had the metal termination on strap. The pads and felt in your helmet are exactly like 2 of my pads in my mystery "helmet", that seems to kind of got this ball (thread) rolling.

I do not know though, you guys have probably been debating this for quite a while before.

Let me ask you, how many factories make these SSch40 helmets during WW2? Which factory is the one you are showing with the period after the r?

Regards, Steve

Steve,

All the stamps shown are from the Lysma facility, same that marked LMZ prior to 1942. Anything with the Cyrillic "L" same as Greek Lambda is the Lysma facility. At this time of the war, Lysma was the by and large the priciple maker of steel helmets for the RKKA. There may have been other small makers (often have no stamps) and there was a remanufacture operation in Leningrad that Dimas speaks of.

The Red October factory (3KO) in Stalingrad did not seem to convert to Ssh-40 before the famous battle there, but later many Ssh-40 were made in Stalingrad after the war. They are marked (CA).

The period in the stamp I show may be of zero importance... just a different stamp

Quote by Soljenitsyne View Post
    Hello,
    Marking indentique on this helmet, and too to date 42
    Marc

Marc,

Is this your helmet? or is for sale on the internet somewhere. Can you provide or point to more photos?

Regards

Wesley,

The helmet n is regrettably not has I, I am going to try of him recuperer.

Marc
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Another Ssh-40   Another Ssh-40  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2