Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

British "OPFOR" Opposing Forces Helmet

Article about: Just to post up this Soviet style cold war period OPFOR helmet used by the British army for military exercise training and made of plastic material with a basic hard hat style cradle

James...I can’t add anything mate....’never seen one like that...great piece. The liner fibre looks like the old Brit frame chopped about...and the leather bit defo looks “Eastern”.......

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement British "OPFOR" Opposing Forces Helmet
    P
    Many

Thank you Steve for your comments and hope you are well my friend ,as far as i know there are other examples of this type out there so not just a one off ,the hole shown centre up front would be for the frontal communist star insignia which i added a suitable example for display purposes
    Regards James

Thanks Ade for looking over the extra pictures of the liner suspension ,looks to be a similar material as found on the red spider type liners for the Brit Turtles in my opinion
    Regards James

?

All good at my end, thanks for asking, I hope it's the same with you. I'm not doubting to originality, just wondering if they used actual shells that may have been picked up from other post war conflicts and refitted them or made copies of the shell.

Steve.

Hi Steve that is good to hear and yes we are doing ok here thanks i should of mentioned earlier that this latest example is a similar material to the US OPFOR and made of quite a flimsy PVC type of material and so easily distorted ,I think you could be right on there being a mould taken from an actual shell to make copies as it is a very accurate rendition .If i find anymore details on these British Army Opposition force helmets i will update the thread but at this present time there doesn't seem to be much info out there on them.
    Regards James

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4