Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Budionovka

Article about: Hello, I was looking at this Budianovka for sale but am not familiar with them. The seller has sent me these abysmal pictures, and I note that the lining does not match the ones in the refer

Default Budionovka

Hello, I was looking at this Budianovka for sale but am not familiar with them. The seller has sent me these abysmal pictures, and I note that the lining does not match the ones in the reference books. Also it just dosnt quiet look 80 years old in spite of the moth holes. Can anyone tell me if its genuine or not on the basis of these dreadful pictures? I assume its a copy. Any help would be appreciated, Doug
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Budionovka   Budionovka  

Budionovka   Budionovka  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Budionovka
    P
    Many

As I suspected, a fake then. Thanks very much.

Do not discount this just yet...
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

Thank you for your response Richie, do you think its authentic?

The images are lousy indeed Doug, but the buttons appear correct, as well as the leather closures. However, the lining is odd- and really - more comprehensive images of the entire cap are needed.

So, I would advise you to stay away for now and have your request for the aforementioned realized before you consider...

If the seller balks, then...

As picked up upon, the lining would worry me.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

just to add to what has already been said, i also don't like the thread pattern of the shell. again, i would only buy these if authentically dated. they are not cheap.

Many originals (that goes for more than just these) are not dated at all. The myth of many date stamps is exactly that - a myth - and in more than one instance; a "pimp-up".

Case in point: NKVD Visor Cap

The lining seems to be the same style, as was in a budenovka that was posted some time ago. Also the canvas that it's made of. I just don't get a good vibe from these.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast