Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Can anyone help identify this Soviet Officer Visor Hat?

Article about: Hi everyone, I was wondering what type of visor hat is this (what model/year, and branch, etc)? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Default Can anyone help identify this Soviet Officer Visor Hat?

Hi everyone, I was wondering what type of visor hat is this (what model/year, and branch, etc)? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Can anyone help identify this Soviet Officer Visor Hat?Can anyone help identify this Soviet Officer Visor Hat?Can anyone help identify this Soviet Officer Visor Hat?Can anyone help identify this Soviet Officer Visor Hat?Can anyone help identify this Soviet Officer Visor Hat?Can anyone help identify this Soviet Officer Visor Hat?Can anyone help identify this Soviet Officer Visor Hat?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Can anyone help identify this Soviet Officer Visor Hat?
    P
    Many

So I have found out that they are nicknamed "Furazhka's", and that they were first made in the 1930's?? I couldn't find any info as to which specific person it would be given to, except for one source saying it was standard issue for Commissars?? I don't think that is correct, but if anyone has something else to add/say, I would more than gladly like you to comment. Thanks.

Hello PapaStalin,

This kind of hat was used during war time on the field by officers, but they were a popular item even postwar, for civilian use. I don't think this one is military, most probably a postwar civilian hat with a - in my opinion - post war star.

I personally avoid these hats, i still haven't found one of which I'm 100% confident with. But in this section of the forum there's a nice thread about field hats, where you can take a look at genuine examples ;D

Best regards
    Gabriele