Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

a couple of pilotkas

Article about: My best thinking tells me these pilotkas are reproductions, the first a rare VVS Red Air Force, the other an Infantry pilotka, both allegedly of World War II vintage. I don't like either of

Default a couple of pilotkas

My best thinking tells me these pilotkas are reproductions, the first a rare VVS Red Air Force, the other an Infantry pilotka, both allegedly of World War II vintage. I don't like either of them for various reasons such as the later vintage star on the Infantry example, and the stamps, but I am posting these to hear your best thinking
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pilotka 1.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	120.9 KB 
ID:	82115   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pilotka 2.jpg 
Views:	215 
Size:	172.4 KB 
ID:	82116  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Default Re: a couple of pilotkas

The VVS example may actually be legitimate, but we need to see closer and more comrehensive images of the sweatband and lining...

That metal star certainly is a curiousity. If you can measure it Bill, in MM, it would be great. I have seen this type on NKVD, NKGB everyday shoulderboards in the past...

The other, yes a 50s star, but still, it does not seem to be too modern of an example that is always trying to be passed off as "WWII"...

Fellow collectors are NOT adversaries to be bested...

☭ "Ричик, я не понимаю, почему, почему ты тратишь деньги на эти вещи!" ☭

Thanks, Richie! Do you think the Infantry example to be a World War II issued pilotka with a 50's star, or is it, perhaps, a post-war example? Is the VVS example a war-time issued example, or post-war? More and better pictures to follow, as well as a measurement of the star on the VVS pilotka you requested. . . Stay tuned. . .

Quote by Bill Garvy View Post
    Do you think the Infantry example to be a World War II issued pilotka with a 50's star, or is it, perhaps, a post-war example? Is the VVS example a war-time issued example, or post-war?
    The same goes for the soldier's khaki example (BTW, used by all branches), needs more images of the liner and sweatband. Dimas is a "head" concerning stamps, and these pilotka in general. So let us see if he will reply concerning it.

The VVS example; I believe the blue colour was phased out after 1940.

PS Bill, show how that star is attached also...

No problem, Richie, I should have the photos/scans by early next week. I have also asked Dimas to take a look and share his best thinking. I am usually very skeptical/critical of these things. I appreciate your experienced eye. . .

?

I like the the ВВС pilotka. But the field looks like a post war to me. Any way we need better pictures.
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Thank you, Dimas, more and better pictures are forthcoming!

?

Quote by Bill Garvy View Post
    My best thinking tells me these pilotkas are reproductions, the first a rare VVS Red Air Force, the other an Infantry pilotka, both allegedly of World War II vintage. I don't like either of them for various reasons such as the later vintage star on the Infantry example, and the stamps, but I am posting these to hear your best thinking
    №1 Oficerskaya pilotka cap pilot RKKA shave off. 1935. The Colour of the pilotka: for command composition of air power - blue, for command composition auto-armored troopses - steel, for all rest - a khaki.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pilotki_35.jpg 
Views:	597 
Size:	33.7 KB 
ID:	82264  

The star on the VVS pilotka measures 25mm. . .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast