Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Crazy Helmet!

Article about: Hello Guys First i will say i am not sure this helmet was around in 1991 and on, but could not find a sub forum that seemed appropriate, so please move if needed Just got this helmet yesterd

?

Default Crazy Helmet!

Hello Guys

First i will say i am not sure this helmet was around in 1991 and on, but could not find a sub forum that seemed appropriate, so please move if needed

Just got this helmet yesterday. It's a ZS/Sh-1-2M Safety helmet. It's also called "The Sphere". The helmet is bullet proof against PM 9.0 mm caliber, pistols 6.35 and 5.6 mm, TT pistol caliber 7, 62 mm at a distance of 5 meters, and the impact of fragments (for a ball of mass 1 g, V 50% not less than 700 m / s). Helmet reduces the dynamic stresses of the impact of the above weapons.

The helmet is used by OMON troops and i have also seen some special forces train in them without the face shield. It should be good training as the helmet weighs in at 4.0kg!! It's a crazy helmet, but quite cool. If you have more info on it please chime in

Crazy Helmet!

Crazy Helmet!

Crazy Helmet!

The hook is for securing Goggles so they will not slide off the helmet

Crazy Helmet!

Crazy Helmet!

Crazy Helmet!

Crazy Helmet!

Crazy Helmet!

Crazy Helmet!

Crazy Helmet!

Crazy Helmet!

Crazy Helmet!

Crazy Helmet!

Regards, Lars

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Crazy Helmet!
    P
    Many

Default Re: Crazy Helmet!

Great lid mate, I have seen these in pictures before. Quite intimidating to face a soldier wearing this too I imagine.

?

Yes especially soldiers capable of wearing them. My neck got tired after about 1 min LOL

Cheers mate

I've always loved the look of these helmets, its like the designer looked back at some of the strange experimental helmets produced during the first world war and used a similar crude looking, but effective visor to give protection to the wearers face.

Thanks

Danny

Very interesting helmet, great head and face protection but if you haven't got a neck like a bull it'll break it!...

I have the sudden urge to go jousting.

?

Yes it looks like something from the middle ages

You're right Gunny. Most of these OMON troop guys are also pretty big!

Regards, Lars

?

Just don't wear for parachuting!!!..otherwise it will be END-EX "End of Exercise"...ie dead..lol.. Cheers Terry.

very nice example lars ive always wanted one but the price is well out of my price range,ive got some referance pictures of this type of helmet in use but i just cant find them,
    Regards James

Great looking helmet!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast