Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

did Russia supply the North Vietnamese with the Ssh68 "cone head" helmet before 1973?

Article about: anyone know if the North Vietnamese used the Ssh68 helmet during the VN war? or did they mostly use the older stock like the Ssh40 and older eastern euro models. my guess is the Ssh68 helmet

Question did Russia supply the North Vietnamese with the Ssh68 "cone head" helmet before 1973?

anyone know if the North Vietnamese used the Ssh68 helmet during the VN war? or did they mostly use the older stock like the Ssh40 and older eastern euro models.

my guess is the Ssh68 helmet was not used since it was a new design at the time

and wasnt in wide use until the Soviet occupation of Afghanistan around 1979 and later

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement did Russia supply the North Vietnamese with the Ssh68 "cone head" helmet before 1973?
    P
    Many

Default Re: did Russia supply the North Vietnamese with the Ssh68 "cone head" helmet before 1973?

I dont think they supplied the ssh68 because as you said it was a new model of helmet and they were already using the older ones.

Default Re: did Russia supply the North Vietnamese with the Ssh68 "cone head" helmet before 1973?

plus the Ssh68 was designed to be "over-sized" for use with winter headgear, not something they would need to worry about in a tropical environment like Vietnam

they would have most likely received old stock as military aid