Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Early War ZK0/3K0 Ssh40 helmets

Article about: Hey everyone, seen a few of these lately and wanted to try to put them under one headline since I can't find anything about them in the couple books I own. I'll put each helmet in its own su

Default Early War ZK0/3K0 Ssh40 helmets

Hey everyone, seen a few of these lately and wanted to try to put them under one headline since I can't find anything about them in the couple books I own. I'll put each helmet in its own sub-post with the description from the website it's on to try to keep everything segmented and clear. Interesting thing is the different colors of the liners and chinstraps. I'd love to see more of these, please post pictures and any more information you have about them. Thanks. Kevin

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early War ZK0/3K0 Ssh40 helmets
    P
    Many

#1 is from this forum, posted in October 2013 by member Easternwarfront with the following description:
    "1941 dated ZKO helmet from Stalingrad. (Red October Factory) The helmet was produced shortly before the battle of Stalingrad erased the production in the city in 1942. Rarer canvas liner."

Early War ZK0/3K0 Ssh40 helmetsEarly War ZK0/3K0 Ssh40 helmets

#2 is from the website Brendon's Helmets (brendonshelmets.weebly.com) with the following description:
    "A very early WWII Ssh40, this helmet has the canvas liner pads and early cotton chinstrap, the shape of this example is also unique, the deepness of the curves at the base of the shell rim*is unlike most other Ssh40's."

#3 is from Espenlaub (3rd Reich WW2 German & Soviet militaria. Imperial WW1 collectibles), a helmet that was sold some time ago with the following description:
    "Soviet M 40 / CШ 40 white, winter camo helmet made by factory ZKO, helmet has a cotton liner and typical early ZKO type chinstraps. No year date stamp is visible. Very nice condition helmet, and rare to find one"

#4 (last one I'm posting) is mine, an eBay purchase that I was unfortunately unable to obtain any history/provenance for.

Early War ZK0/3K0 Ssh40 helmetsEarly War ZK0/3K0 Ssh40 helmetsEarly War ZK0/3K0 Ssh40 helmets

nice helmets, i was wondering does the zko have a lot numbers and if so what is it, cause i have a zko helmet but was refurbised in the 1959 and was wondering if there were any sure signs to tell thats its ww2, and the star thats stamped on the front appernetly there, on my helmet theres two of the the stars a post war looking one and a older maybe ww2 one

Early War ZK0/3K0 Ssh40 helmetsHere’s the best picture I could get, hard to make out. Maybe 16136?

thanks its a good picture very helpful