Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

ebay ssh40 for sale on ebay.

Article about: I suppose that the seller thinks the date of manufacture is on the batch number

Talking ebay ssh40 for sale on ebay.

hi guys whats the opinion of the forum on this soviet ssh40 is it postwar,sellers claiming ww2 vintage starting price of £75 sounds way too cheap to be the real deal?cheers dave.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ebay ssh40 for sale on ebay.   ebay ssh40 for sale on ebay.  

ebay ssh40 for sale on ebay.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ebay ssh40 for sale on ebay.
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: ebay ssh40 for sale on ebay.

hi , you will need better pics of the internal stamps to date this , ask seller to provide pics . if he cant , i would not take a chance. ...pavel

Russian gear is not my field, but i can tell you that is not ww2 period, the liner is more 60`s period.
    Just my opinion.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

We really need pics of the ink stamps to confirm.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I just ran this drill last month, while looking for a good Ssch 40. I belive the liner to be correct for war and early post war. As others have already pointed out, you'll need a good photo of the helmet stamping to determine is war time dated. The early post war Ssch40 were identical to war period, exept for date, from what I have learned.

how is it ww2 russian lids are so rare when so many were produced?m1's are everywhere so are postwar assembled LMZ 1946-1949 these too are plentiful so there has to be a reason?the ones i've seen on military sites are like £300 upwards and a snow camo ssh40 is like a £1000+ hope you people can shed some light cheers dave.

Quote by moaning minnie View Post
    how is it ww2 russian lids are so rare when so many were produced?m1's are everywhere so are postwar assembled LMZ 1946-1949 these too are plentiful so there has to be a reason?the ones i've seen on military sites are like £300 upwards and a snow camo ssh40 is like a £1000+ hope you people can shed some light cheers dave.
    I think they are harder to find because the Russians loved to refurbish and rearsenal stuff. For a Russian helmet to remain in its original WWII configuration, it would have to remain out of Soviet hands by the end of the war.

Quote by moaning minnie View Post
    how is it ww2 russian lids are so rare when so many were produced?
    I'm guessing they are still out there but have been given a nice new coat of post war paint, covering any record that can place them as a war period Helmet. It would be no different for the M-1 if not for the distictave features that place them only as WWII production as none are dated and almost all have rec'ved post war paint. Russ

?

Mostly war time stuff was collected postwar by some of the army depot duties, and 90% of the was recicled. Some survived due of use in the services in a firebrigades and factory anti aircraft buildings
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    We really need pics of the ink stamps to confirm.

Cheers, Ade.
    strangely enough they responded by saying yes it has the acceptance star on the front rim and all the correct stamp marks inside but refuse to issue any more close up pics,hmm i wonder why?someone thinks its the real deal they have put a bid on whoops a daisy.dave.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast