Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Fake alert

Article about: I was browsing Craigslist for any new items when I came along a Soviet M-52 helmet. Immediatly, the professionalism of the photo set me off, and as it turns out, the picture was lifted off t

Exclamation Fake alert

I was browsing Craigslist for any new items when I came along a Soviet M-52 helmet. Immediatly, the professionalism of the photo set me off, and as it turns out, the picture was lifted off the internet. Just a warning to anyone out there, be careful when using services such as Craigslist.

The posting: ww2 Russian helmet

Origin of the picture: Helmets

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fake alert
    P
    Many

Dom
    ?

Default Re: Fake alert

This is not a Russian helmet , what is Craiglist ??

Craigslist is a classified ads listing on the internet. Very much like the classified ads section of your newspaper, but online. It’s regionalized, so that there are separate sites for different areas of North America, and perhaps by now even on other continents, although I don’t know.

Same old rules apply here though – buyer always beware!!

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

I have had a few run ins with these scammers before. What they usually try to do is get you to send them money through western union, a trade, or cash through the mail. Of course they never send the helmets. I was about to buy one of these one time, but I did some searching and found out the exact same helmet had sold on eBay two weeks earlier for $700! The scammer had simply taken the picture off of the eBay listing, posed as if it was his, and tried to trick me into buying it. They always list them for a really low price, and refuse to send detailed pictures. I would just ask the guy if he can send a picture of the helmet with a 1 dollar bill on top of it to prove that he really owns it. Be careful who you buy for, I would recommend sticking to the dealer websites.

regards, Corey

Dom
    ?

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Craigslist is a classified ads listing on the internet. Very much like the classified ads section of your newspaper, but online. It’s regionalized, so that there are separate sites for different areas of North America, and perhaps by now even on other continents, although I don’t know.

Cheers,
    Tony
    Thanks Tony

He states that the liner needs lace, a bit odd he would know this seeing as how he does not even know what type of helmet it is. I am going to ask for a picture of this liner he speaks of, should be an interesting reply, haha.