Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Flying helmet and flying glasses from the Normandie Niemen squadron

Article about: Hi dear members, For the glasses no doubt is soviet. For the headgear, it s seem to be sovietic but the airphone have been change to be using with american airphone. Thanks to give your opin

Default Flying helmet and flying glasses from the Normandie Niemen squadron

Hi dear members,

For the glasses no doubt is soviet. For the headgear, it s seem to be sovietic but the airphone have been change to be using with american airphone.

Thanks to give your opinions

.Flying helmet and flying glasses from the Normandie Niemen squadron

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Flying helmet and flying glasses from the Normandie Niemen squadron
    P
    Many

have you got the pilot ?.

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    have you got the pilot ?.
    Do you mean the name of the pilote ?

Hello, In my opinion, the goggles are Soviet, but are obviously post ww2. I believe 1970-80s. I can tell this because the strap is the narrow brown post war type. The frame should have vents on the top sides, if it were an original ww2 period (and the one pictured has no vents). I believe the flight helmet pictured was at one time, an original ww2 period Soviet flight helmet with avionics, throat mikes and a cord and plug, and top front leather goggle strap and some time ago someone cannibalized it for parts. But possibly, it never had avionics, I can not be certain of this because I only have one pic to use to evaluate it.

The googles are good from war, the strap is narrow because the rubber is "dead", it is very long, only one centimeter is yet elastic. For the vents, i think it's was the model early war.
    The flight helmet has no avionics, because the pilot was on a U2....

The set have been given to pilot of the normandie niemen on the airfield of Хатенки in august 1943.

Flying helmet and flying glasses from the Normandie Niemen squadron