Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help with helmet

Article about: Any thought on what this helmet is?

Default Help with helmet

Any thought on what this helmet is?

- - ------- - -

More
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help with helmet   Help with helmet  

Help with helmet  
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help with helmet
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Looks like a Chinese GK but slightly different. Liner is exactly the same. Should give you enough to pin it down exactly.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I've seen this before Marty but can't remember where?sure someone will be helpful i'm sure!

I was in an antique store a few minutes ago and thought in was interesting. I thought it may be a kids helmets.

Yugoslavia, called either an NE-44 or a M59, depending on who you believe. I think M59 is more correct but I could be wrong. This one is in original Yugoslav Army finish - they were used up until quite recently, including in the Balkan Wars of the 1990s, but usually with the red star removed or covered by a different badge. There is a second version, the M59/85, which is very similar - slight change in shell profile - with the main different being that the liner is held with romovable A-clips.

See here for good details - http://world-war-helmets.com/country.php?q=yougoslavie

The asking price was 120 I don't know if that was a good price of not. It's not my collecting field.

Quote by tank destroyer View Post
    The asking price was 120 I don't know if that was a good price of not. It's not my collecting field.
    Wow, that's a lot! Even if you mean dollars rather than UKpounds. Lots of these have come onto the surplus market in the last few years. That is far too much. If you wanted one you will find one much cheaper. Just look for Yugoslav or Yugoslavian helmet on ebay or the web generally.

I'm quite fond of these myself and own a couple but that price sounds way to high

Have not had time to research, I'm on the road traveling home. My son, sitting next to me is the one doing all the typing. I just saw the helmet and thought it was interesting, it's not my collecting field, but my good feeling told me the price was to high. Thank you for all the fast responds.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast