MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Help Identifying Year of Furajka

Article about: Hello all! I recently have bought a large lot from Minsk, and while I've had no trouble identifying others, I can't understand from what year this certain field furajka is. I believe it to b

Default Help Identifying Year of Furajka

Hello all! I recently have bought a large lot from Minsk, and while I've had no trouble identifying others, I can't understand from what year this certain field furajka is. I believe it to be from the era 1947-1954? I may be significantly wrong however. It also has what I presume to be a custom cover for the visor, and a custom chin strap. Can anyone tell me more about it or possibly even date it? Thank you!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help Identifying Year of Furajka
    P
    Many

?

Post war buttons often have a year on them. Diamond patches and tan lining usually appear from the late 1950s.

Check the grey band for a year, sometimes they appear there.

It's a very odd hat - looks like it has piping but is otherwise khaki. Maybe it's a theatre prop or civilian hat?

Quote by Boycie View Post
    Post war buttons often have a year on them. Diamond patches and tan lining usually appear from the late 1950s.

Check the grey band for a year, sometimes they appear there.

It's a very odd hat - looks like it has piping but is otherwise khaki. Maybe it's a theatre prop or civilian hat?
    I looked at both buttons no dates, they also seem to match the older button type? I agree the hat is very odd, however I do believe it to be real as the seller I know personally. He believes it to be immediate post war (47-55 era) field cap with a custom attached visor (perhaps soldier wanted old hat and new visor?). Basically he has no idea either.

?

I think that is a late 50s / early 60s visor hat, mod. Officer Field. The fiberboard visor seems to be black painted. And the maker label with this diamond shape reminds me of the "кв шв" manufacturer.

An example

mod. 58

I agree that this cap seems to be of the M58, but I am confused as to the differing color (light kahki) and black piping present on the furajka. Not sure if it is just a rare factory variant, perhaps private purchase?