Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help in indentification

Article about: I need help to identify this cap, I think that cap is Soviet model M1924 or M1941, but few thing I can't explain. This cap was found with British buttons on side and without insignia. Button

Default Help in indentification

I need help to identify this cap, I think that cap is Soviet model M1924 or M1941, but few thing I can't explain. This cap was found with British buttons on side and without insignia. Buttons curently on cap are not original and red star is repro.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help in indentification   Help in indentification  

Help in indentification  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help in indentification
    P
    Many

Default Re: Help in indentification

Looks to me, to be the general issue (Non branch specific) visor hat for NCOs, and junior officers.

Boridin

Hhank you Boridin,

I'm only don't understand why somebody put british buttons instead Soviet on cap. Also cap is made of cotton and visor have diferent shape than visors used for M1924 caps.

Quote by draganns View Post
    Thank you Boridin,

I'm only don't understand why somebody put British buttons instead Soviet on cap. Also cap is made of cotton and visor have different shape than visors used for M1924 caps.
    I certainly do not know why British buttons were put on the cap, unless they lost the original Soviet ones, or perhaps it is not a Soviet cap at all, but a British WWI cap, that someone put a Soviet Cockade on. Hard to say, but it does look like a style similar to what the Soviets issued, to me.

Boridin