Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Identifying a hat....

Article about: I acquired this from a street seller in St Petersburg whilst on a school trip a few years back. I'm not really worried about whether its a real or a fake (I'm quite certain its a fake anyway

MythicKhan
    ?

Default Identifying a hat....

I acquired this from a street seller in St Petersburg whilst on a school trip a few years back. I'm not really worried about whether its a real or a fake (I'm quite certain its a fake anyway) as it didn't cost me much. What I do want to know is what it actually is (i.e service arm, or whether its a bizarre amalgamation).

Pictures are attached, but as far as I can tell it has an airforce wings'n'star on the peak. The gold braid is held on by buttons bearing the Russian coat of arms (which leads me to suspect post 1991), and the badge was originally a Spetznaz oval cockade (the red, blue, white oval). I replaced it with the soviet star and leaves to make it match my greatcoat (which is an original, and funnily enough, cost the same as the hat)

Any help placing it would be appreciated! (Apologies for poor picture quality, done with mobile)

Identifying a hat....Identifying a hat....
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. # ADS

Default Re: Identifying a hat....

I am no expert on the Soviet hats, but I believe that the wings are Aeroflot, the Soviet civil airline, while the cockade is Soviet Army issue.

Boridin

MythicKhan
    ?

Cool to know about the cockade (I put it there myself, didn't know it was army issue!). I thought the aeroflot wings had a hammer and sickle rather than star in between?

Quote by MythicKhan View Post
    Cool to know about the cockade (I put it there myself, didn't know it was army issue!). I thought the aeroflot wings had a hammer and sickle rather than star in between?
    As I said, I am not certain. Others will be able to give you far more definitive info, but I think it is Aeroflot.

Yes I think it is an Aeroflot cap...

The wings are regular Soviet Air Force...

Aeroflot: Identifying a hat....
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!