Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

M 35 cap stars, small for pilotka cap

Article about: I will compare here a two stars, one is war time and another is postwar. The left side stars is original war time, right is postwar. Both of them is steel made, brass plated.

?

Default M 35 cap stars, small for pilotka cap

I will compare here a two stars, one is war time and another is postwar.
    The left side stars is original war time, right is postwar. Both of them is steel made, brass plated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M 35 cap stars, small for pilotka cap  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M 35 cap stars, small for pilotka cap
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: M 35 cap stars, small for pilotka cap

The main diferences that is the original war time issue is a bit roundeed corners and which I'am not sure is a width of the pin in the war time issue. Also the H and C looks smaller on the original war issue ( probably due of more round star.
    Any way the picture is better than words.
    Here is comparition of the stars, left is war time.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M 35 cap stars, small for pilotka cap   M 35 cap stars, small for pilotka cap  

Dimas,

This one gets difficult I think... maybe walking a thin line here. There are other subtle differences as well, but given the basic design is the same it is very hard to pin down the exact era. The style you are calling "wartime" is certainly the type I prefer to see if faced with one of these small pilotka stars. However, I would rather see the slightly larger star with the more narrow points style.

Regarding the other differences, look at the brass border around the enamel. Like the H&S, its shape and profile are affected by the more rounded shape or vaulted shape to the star.

Interesting,
    Mike

?

Quote by Wesley's Dad View Post
    Dimas,

This one gets difficult I think... maybe walking a thin line here. There are other subtle differences as well, but given the basic design is the same it is very hard to pin down the exact era. The style you are calling "wartime" is certainly the type I prefer to see if faced with one of these small pilotka stars. However, I would rather see the slightly larger star with the more narrow points style.

Regarding the other differences, look at the brass border around the enamel. Like the H&S, its shape and profile are affected by the more rounded shape or vaulted shape to the star.

Interesting,
    Mike
    You are right. I like this style, because it's a mostly used star as they makes in the same factory where was produced stars with separate H&S, Lenemalier. " Ленэмальер"
    Other stars is quite a big post, and I will show what do I have. ( Unfortunately I've sold out my collection about 10 years ago to the forum member KimJ, probably he will show that collection to us, it's about 100 pcs)
    Now I have about 50 pcs, but hard, hard to get )

Hello Dimas!!! I was just doing research to find the difference in war time and post war cap stars. I was going to get one to display w/ my Russian grenade and Ord. collection. I was going to ask you about cap stars in next email this weekend. This post is good info, thanks. When you talk about H&S etc. is that the maker? are they marked on the back? pics did not show back view of WW2 made star. Steve

?

H&S is Hammer and Sickle
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Quote by Dimas View Post
    Other stars is quite a big post...
    You are are 100% correct about that.

I have been working with Denis Rodichev on & off for years on this subject. There are many opinions put forward on variations, but no concrete facts...
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!