Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Is this an m40 helmet?

Article about: Hello I need to know what kind of helmet this is. I am thinking it is a soviet m/40 from around the WWII era. There are several marking inside the helmet. First there is a number engraved in

?

Default Is this an m40 helmet?

Hello
    I need to know what kind of helmet this is. I am thinking it is a soviet m/40 from around the WWII era. There are several marking inside the helmet. First there is a number engraved inside near the back it is 1--1852. Then right by that number there is a number that is stamped on, it is 975. Near the side of the helmet there is a faint stamp of a star. Laslty near the crown of the helmet there is a stamp K-7. I would really like to know what kind of helmet this is and the exact year it is. I would also like to know someones opionion of how the helmet was used, was it used in combat ect... Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Thank-you
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this an m40 helmet?   Is this an m40 helmet?  

Is this an m40 helmet?   Is this an m40 helmet?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this an m40 helmet?
    P
    Many

it looks to be a Soviet Ssh40. however the Date and manufacturer markings on these helmets were all done with ink stamps and sadly the majority have been painted over during post-war refurbishment making it all but impossible to identify most of the war period examples. other than that im not sure about yours, thats just what it appears to be seeing as it looks to have 6 rivets

This is an Ssh40 helmet and it is a combat helmet. However the vast majority of helmets, especially in such good condition as this, are post war manufactured or refurbished. 50's helmets have a different chinstrap to 40's ones (stiched rather than rivetted, really the only obvious difference) and all chin straps are not designed to be removed. The fact that this one has been removed immediatley makes me suspicious its a 50's helmet and someone has tried to disguise that fact. There should be a date stamp at the inside rear of the helmet but I wouldnt be surprised if its been scrubbed out. The value of postwar helmets is rather low if you are thinking of buying this one.

Dom
    ?

Hi

postwar ZKO or CT to me .

Hello,

Of couse a photo of the stamp may provide some usefull information ; )

Bruno