Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Mongolian people army Budenovka?

Article about: Hello! My name is Gabriele, and I'm a new member of the forum. I' ve recently started to collect WW2 Soviet Militaria. A few months ago I' ve found this strange thing. It seems to be a Buden

Default Mongolian people army Budenovka?

Hello!
    My name is Gabriele, and I'm a new member of the forum.
    I' ve recently started to collect WW2 Soviet Militaria. A few months ago I' ve found this strange thing. It seems to be a Budenovka in salty conditions, but with an odd Mongolian army badge on the front. Reparations seems from old times, and in general it seems to be very warn. There aren't markings in the inside, but there are some faded inscriptions (from the original proprietary?). Also, it seems to have a pair of technical troops' buttons on the top.
    Do any of you have some kind of information about this piece? I attach some pictures for you to investigate!
    Thanks in advance,

GabrieleMongolian people army Budenovka?Mongolian people army Budenovka?Mongolian people army Budenovka?Mongolian people army Budenovka?Mongolian people army Budenovka?Mongolian people army Budenovka?Mongolian people army Budenovka?Mongolian people army Budenovka?Mongolian people army Budenovka?Mongolian people army Budenovka?Mongolian people army Budenovka?Mongolian people army Budenovka?Mongolian people army Budenovka?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Mongolian people army Budenovka?
    P
    Many

Hi!
    I've made some research and, thanks to the great help of some fellow collectors of mongolian people army badges, i figured out that the cockade on this budenovka is an early postwar one (1946-195X if i'm correct).
    I've also managed to read part of the inscriptions inside of it: in the bigger "block", it seems to be written "Ulan-Ude", capital of the Buryat ASSR (Verkhneudinsk until July 27, 1934). In the other "block" of words, it seems to be written Čojbalsan (!?) (i think it was a common name at that time).
    Also, the other pair of buttons are post-war, made of brass with ussr coat of arms, dated respectively 1952 and 1956.
    In a hypothetical way, could this budenovka be of a soldier (maybe NCO?) who used it also after the end of the war? (so explaining the presence of a variety of buttons, maybe replaced in the years?)
    Any opinion is welcome
    Thanks in advance

MAP
    ?

Welcome to the forum Gabriele.

Sorry no one replied on this piece. I wish I could help but not my area. Hopefully someone will be around to provide some information.

Regards,

M
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

First set of buttons are for RAILWAYS.

It is an old hypothesis that they were for Red Army "Technical Troops".

In any case, I like this piece - despite any later modifications.

I'm sure guys like Dom and Philippe would agree.
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

When the Soviets invaded Latvia in 1940 the population of Latvia called soldiers wearing these ''augÅ¡ā puļķīts, apakÅ¡ā muļķīts'' which roughly translates to: ''on top there's a pike on the bottom there's a dummy''