Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

My new Ssh39 helmet

Article about: I've been looking to buy a nice early helmet for a long time and have been reading the forums to try to educate myself but when I would see a Russian helmet on a table at a show or on line,

?

Default My new Ssh39 helmet

I've been looking to buy a nice early helmet for a long time and have been reading the forums to try to educate myself but when I would see a Russian helmet on a table at a show or on line, I still didn't have enough knowledge to determine whether the helmet was correct or not.
    There are a number of well knowledgable members on this forum as well as on the Wehrmacht forum and I thought that if I wanted to get a correct helmet and not worry about it being correct, I should ask one those members who live in the states if they could help me find a correct one. So I pm'd Wesley’s Dad, one of those fine gentlemen, and asked if he, or he knew of anyone, was selling a nice correct Ssh39 helmet. He responded that he would try to help me find one. About 2-3 weeks later he contacted me and told me that he just put a real nice one up for sale on his web site.
    Needness to say, I was interested and with some price negotiations it became mine and it is a real beauty.
    Here is the helmet on his site which is the easiest way to show it and also give credit to the quality of his site. His descriptions on the helmet as well as other items on his site are very detailed and if there are any issues he mentions them. Speaks well of his integrity, Ray
    Frontovik Soviet Militaria

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My new Ssh39 helmet
    P
    Many

Dom
    ?

Very nice helmet

Mike's is a serious guy

Fantastic looking lid!...

?

Thanks gentlemen, I'm not a novice in collecting as I've been at it for years, only in Russian material.
    As an example, here is my US collection I posted a number years ago on a display site. That I still keep adding to. My mannequin displays - PINNED DISPLAYS - U.S. Militaria Forum
    I have lots of non US guns and items also, Ray

Dom
    ?

Amazing collection Ray

?

Congratulations on acquiring it.

I have seen some of your collection threads on other forums, Absolutely Incredible!!!
    Regards,
    John

Quote by Dom View Post
    Very nice helmet

Mike's is a serious guy
    Thank you very much Ray . That helmet is a beautiful one, but we can't keep it all to ourselves. I have an equivalent condition SKO in my collection and some other nice examples as well, so I was willing to let this one go. Ray contacted me at the right time and was enthusiastic about what he wanted. I am glad to contribute to his fine collection.

Dom, thank you as well.

Dom
    ?

Quote by Wesley's Dad View Post
    Dom, thank you as well.

Congratulations on the nice helmet. I have one too and I love the design of the helmet. Here's a fun photo of a Finnish soldier holding a Ssh-39 with a young Swallow, that I found from the Finnish Defence Force's photo archives.

Photo owned by: SA - kuvagalleria
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My new Ssh39 helmet  

ray that is one real nice soviet example ,also i clicked on your link to the other forum ,unfortunately im not a member there so will complement you here instead on a superb collection of mannequins and firearms ,well done