Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Need Help Identifying Tank Helmet

Article about: A year ago, I bought this helmet in Belgrado, which makes me think it is a Yugoslavian helmet. Yet when I tried doing research on it, I did not find much about yugoslavian helmets, yet I did

Default Need Help Identifying Tank Helmet

A year ago, I bought this helmet in Belgrado, which makes me think it is a Yugoslavian helmet. Yet when I tried doing research on it, I did not find much about yugoslavian helmets, yet I did see that USSR helmets were very similar (which is why I post this here). However I believe Yugoslavian army also used similar helmets to USSR. It still has the headset, cables and everything.

How do you value such a helmet? I bought it for 50 euros, but still have no 100% confirmation where it is from or who used it, this is my first helmet buy, so I am curious whether I paid too much. Any help would be welcome!

It says something in Cyrillic but I don't know what?

Nice cotton? inside of helmet, other material covers ears for headset.

Somethings is written here as well, but I do not know what as it is very faded

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need Help Identifying Tank Helmet
    P
    Many

Dom
    ?

Hi ,

Soviet postwar, the price is too high

Ah, that's a shame, I still like it though and for me it was worth it
    Can you tell me how you came to the conclusion? How do you know if it is Yugo or Soviet?

Dom
    ?

Quote by Wolfang View Post
    Can you tell me how you came to the conclusion? How do you know if it is Yugo or Soviet?
    4 Shock absorber , round earphone ...
    The stamp is typical, OTK indicates a quality control , COPT quality first

Thank you for the quick replies!
    So OTK and COPT is what is written under the flap. I should probably write that somewhere lest I forget.
    Do you have any idea what year +- it could have been made? And so based on this information you are sure it is Sovjet and not Yugo. (I bought it in Belgrado which is why I ask)
    I suppose this is porbably a common piece then?

Sorry to bother you with these questions!

Dom
    ?

This helmet is a TSH-3 winter version, this model was approved in 1964 .
    Fairly common in effect
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need Help Identifying Tank Helmet  

Nice, thank you!
    ---

edit:

If anyone is interested, I bought this in Belgrado at a stand near the big castle. They had many helmets, and after I had bought it someone approached me and told me I could buy more militaria things in a nearby Serbian city where they have large stockpiles of weapons and the such. Apparantly after the fall of Yugoslavia some rich people bought many military stockpiles and are selling the pieces.
    Last edited by Wolfang; 09-23-2013 at 05:47 PM.