Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

New relics from Stalingrad

Article about: Hello Friends, I have just had a battlefield dug Soviet helmet arrive. It was dug from former fighting positions at the former Stalingrad area. Also included are coins that were dug from the

mattc
    ?

Default New relics from Stalingrad

Hello Friends,

I have just had a battlefield dug Soviet helmet arrive. It was dug from former fighting positions at the former Stalingrad area. Also included are
    coins that were dug from the area, they include coins from Germany, France, Romania, and Russia. Very interesting items.

Matt
    Stalingrad Militaria Home Page
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New relics from Stalingrad   New relics from Stalingrad  

New relics from Stalingrad   New relics from Stalingrad  

2. # ADS

Default Re: New relics from Stalingrad

hello,
    how was your sender able to get it out of russia ,was it sent as ordinary mail?to wish country?

Hi Mattc

Some people will say that it is crap to collect items in this state, but I really love this stuff...

Greetz

Nick VR

Quote by PHILBROWN View Post
    we are all relics of tomorrow,,, these just happen to be relics of yesterday.
    Well said Phil...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I too have always been interested in ground-dug treasures. Perhaps someday I will participate in a digging excursion next time I travel to Crimea to visit my mother-in-law and some friends.

Two years ago, whilst "driving around" with a friend looking for bunkers and DOTS in the Sevastopol region, we came across a group of students from Russia who were excavating a small system of bunkers that was lost during the siege of Sevastopol. Their diggings unearthed a few very interesting Soviet relics...

If anybody is interested, I would more than happy to post my photos from that day.
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

RichieC , please post away , id love to see them , And awesome relics Matt , you cant beat the real stuff , cheers Raymond

Hi Matt,
    Finally a site that has people just like me I have been into relic's from Russia for the last 6 year's and i have plenty to share including a couple of Russian Helmet's like your's.One has a huge hole in the side of it that may have been a 20mm round hit and also has a little original paint left which is nice.Most of my item's are from the Kurland pocket and i got them all direct from the guy that dug them out.Even sent me pic's of some of the item's as they were found which i love.
    Keep up the good work and don't listen to the critic's

Tom

Cheer's mate!
    I feel exactly the same way.Though we know mint stuff does exist and some collector's love the stuff it's a personal preferance. The problem i have with it is it's been nowhere and done nothing thus has no history other than being from the period.Who want's a cap that was only worn to the theatre on a saturday night? I want the cap that was out there on the battlefield dodging bullet's or hovering over a map in the command tent at least!-)
    That's the reality of war so why deny it for a collection

Tom

Please post your pics RichieC, would love to see them !!

Okay,
    Will be posting some pic's soon.I have a Lenigrad found German Helmet in my profile at the moment saved as an Album.Also i have a Stug Radio unit with rack that i have described but i can't figure out how to place pic's without URL.
    All my photo's are in my picture file's here in the computer so i have no URL pic's.I'm still learing to fly this site but i will figure it out eventually

Stay tuned. Cheer's

Tom

Quote by Stalingrad View Post
    Please post your pics RichieC, would love to see them !!

Please see here: https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/ussr-...html#post26359
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast