Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Officers coat

Article about: What can be said about this coat. The padded canvas coat has a double closure of five buttons, unfortunately most of these metal buttons are missing. At the back the coat has two canvas belt

Default Officers coat

What can be said about this coat. The padded canvas coat has a double closure of five buttons, unfortunately most of these metal buttons are missing. At the back the coat has two canvas belt loops. The coat has inside a stamp, which says that the coat was manufactured in 1945 (45y).
    Is the coat a very early post war variant or was this variant also used during the war? See; http://www.rkka.ru/uniform/files/arm23.htm .
    I read that these type of coats mostly were issued by officers of engineer and motorised troops. Is this coat called a Bouchlat?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Officers coat
    P
    Many

Default Re: Officers coat

Sadly I cannot answer your question. But I do like this coat.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Dom
    ?

Default Re: Officers coat

Quote by Asjemenou View Post
    http://www.rkka.ru/uniform/files/arm23.htm .
    I read that these type of coats mostly were issued by officers of engineer and motorised troops. Is this coat called a Bouchlat?
    Hi ,

yes such as the site of Vadim

Default Metal buttons

Unfortunately the coat is (still) missing 8 buttons. Does anyone know where I can buy these black painted metal 22 mm. buttons?

?

Your bushlat is the same style as mine, Obr1941 Simplied version of the Obr35 Bushlat.

Seen being worn here:

It was supposed to be for the motorised units of the Red Army, but war being war, this wasn't always the case. Typically you see special purpose troops wearing them, less likely to see standard krasnoarmeets of rifle regiment wearing this.
    Attached Images Attached Images Officers coat 

Default Buchlat

Thanks for your reply and showing your example of a Buchlat. It is interesting to see that your example has the typical green painted war time buttons. I see that your Buchlat has no loops to attach M43 shoulderboards. I suppose that your Buchlat was made before 1943?
    The picture which you have posted is also an interesting reference. I knew that this type of Buchlat was used by motorised units but I thought it was specially used by officers of those units.

?

Black buttons are a pre-war thing, so its likely that they were just using up old stock on your Bushlat. The buttons on mine are very interesting, really thin. I would take a photo if i could but my camera is down right now.
    You see these bushlats in use by all types, even submarine commanders!