Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

An old Ushanka.

Article about: I understand Gus... Also, I see that this was an eBay thing, and more often than not, things are not what they seem...

Default Re: An old Ushanka.

I understand Gus...

Also, I see that this was an eBay thing, and more often than not, things are not what they seem...

Fellow collectors are NOT adversaries to be bested...

☭ "Ричик, я не понимаю, почему, почему ты тратишь деньги на эти вещи!" ☭

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Dr H
    ?

Default Re: An old Ushanka.

Dear Gus

During a recent trip to Volgograd I picked up a beautiful WW2 Russian infantryman's ushanka for personal use (it may be heretical in a forum of this kind but this fits me perfectly and I use it regularly when the weather is cold and there's snow on the ground) and so I now have another ushanka which is surplus to requirements and I'm about to offer it for sale in the classifieds.

It's a very rare original WW2 Russian Ushanka in excellent condition - very wearable or would be great for display - I can't make out a size stamp, but it is ca. 57 cm.

It's a very high quality tailored hat and was issued to an officer or Kommissar rather than an infantryman.

Unlike my other ushanka (which is typical early/mid war issue), it has a brown leather shell (and has been very well stored - supple leather, no stains, holes or tears) with a grey curly Astrakhan wool fleece (there are no holes and no mothing).

It has brown ties to the ear flaps (these are complete and strong) and unlike the usual coarser padding this has a light blue woven silk quilted interior (there are some marks to interior, but no holes and no mothing).

The original factory marks are visible to the crown of interior (a blue/green diamond and 'MOCKBA' is visible). The original wearer has written in ink '83114' to the interior - I assume that this was a wartime addition.

I can't say for certain that the subdued olive green enamelled star was issued with the cap, but it is a high quality brass pressing with brass hammer and sickle to centre, rather than the poorer quality post war items).

If you are interested please send me a p.m. with an e-mail address - I can supply digital images of the cap and we can talk about a price.

Regards

Ian

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12