Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

An old Ushanka.

Article about: I understand Gus... Also, I see that this was an eBay thing, and more often than not, things are not what they seem...

Default An old Ushanka.

Gentleman,

I have spotted an ushanka for sale. I have been through all the threads in this forum about ushankas and have closely examined the photos of other ushankas in the Espenlaub Web page. Based on that, it attracts me.

I assume that, as it happens with many other garments of the soviet uniform, the ushankas probably suffered minor changes after the war. As I have no idea on what to look for on a wartime piece, I would like your help with the identification of this particular specimen.

Again, the photos shown are substandard to say the least, which is a negative point to start with. (the seller states his camera is old). Nevertheless, I would like to see what you think with the data available.

Thanks and regards,

Gus
    Attached Images Attached Images An old Ushanka.  An old Ushanka.  An old Ushanka.  An old Ushanka. 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement An old Ushanka.
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: An old Ushanka.

A very nice early cap. If you do not have in collection- you need to buy it!
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Quote by Dimas View Post
    A very nice early cap. If you do not have in collection- you need to buy it!
    Thanks for your swift reply, Dimas. I really appreciate it.

In case I am able to get hold of the ushanka, I´ll make high-res photos and upload them in this thread.

Regards,

Gus

?

The dated examples are extremelly rare...
    Regards,
    Dimas

Quote by Dimas View Post
    The dated examples are extremelly rare...
    Dimas,

Is this one dated? I could only see the size P2 (apparently) on the right of the blurred photo of the stamp. In what area is the date?

Regards,

Gus

?

Under the size 2 is looks like 41? It's a 8 Marta factory made, the factory of 8 March
    Regards,
    Dimas

Cool Re: An old Ushanka.

Quote by Dimas View Post
    Under the size 2 is looks like 41? It's a 8 Marta factory made, the factory of 8 March
    Dimas,

Good eye. Yes, it does look like a 41. It is obvious that only someone who has had many of these ushankas in its hands and have knowledge of the stamp can determine all that information from a blurred photo

Your knowledge never ceases to amaze me. Thank you very much for clarifying.

Unfortunately, someone has been faster than me in grabbing the ushanka, so I have only a slim chance to opt for it, in case the transaction finally fails. Maybe some other time.

Regards,

Gus

?

very nice one, I would like to spend 300 USD for that kind of cap
    Regards,
    Dimas

Quote by Dimas View Post
    very nice one, I would like to spend 300 USD for that kind of cap
    Gus,

Money talks... If it were me, I would make the seller an offer that he can't refuse...
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

Quote by RichieC View Post
    Gus,

Money talks... If it were me, I would make the seller an offer that he can't refuse...
    Richie,

You are right, money talks. The problem is that I am somewhat "mute" at the moment, so I cannot "speak louder" than the other buyer.

In any case, I am a patient man and will eventually get hold of an ushanka for my collection.

Regards,

Gus

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast