Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Original Early post-war MINTY SSh 40 Helmet????

Article about: Hi, I just got it on hold and i would appreciate your oppinion on this Soviet Helmet. The number of rivets (6) and its position on the lower portion of the shell tells me its a SSh40 Soviet

Default Original Early post-war MINTY SSh 40 Helmet????

Hi,
    I just got it on hold and i would appreciate your oppinion on this Soviet Helmet.
    The number of rivets (6) and its position on the lower portion of the shell tells me its a SSh40 Soviet helmet.
    The stamp marks shows that its a size 1 (small) and was produced in 1948.
    The three parts linner looks OK. I don't know about the chin strap.
    My question is:
    I looks to good to be true.
    Is there anything wrong that i let pass ("red flags")???
    All the parts are originals???

Regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Original Early post-war MINTY SSh 40 Helmet????   Original Early post-war MINTY SSh 40 Helmet????  

Original Early post-war MINTY SSh 40 Helmet????   Original Early post-war MINTY SSh 40 Helmet????  

Original Early post-war MINTY SSh 40 Helmet????   Original Early post-war MINTY SSh 40 Helmet????  

Original Early post-war MINTY SSh 40 Helmet????  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Original Early post-war MINTY SSh 40 Helmet????
    P
    Many

Default Re: Original Early post-war MINTY SSh 40 Helmet????

Looks like a fine early post war lid to me.

Cheers
    Jason

?

This is a SSH-40 produced in WW2 and factory repaired in 1948 at the LMZ (Lysva Metallurgical Plant). All parts are normal. The narrow dark green colored chin strap 16-18 mm in width and buckle with the broader frame flanks are the characteristic features of these helmets. Helmets, like this one, stockpiled for mobilization, and now after changing to more modern samples are often caught in the sale.

Thanks !!!
    Both of you, guys!!

By the way, what means the 1925 stamp??? It shouldn't indicate a refurbishing date???

Mixer,
    I searched the Lysva Metallurgical Plant on the web and found that its logo is LSMZ (LSMZ:RTS Stock Quote - Lysva Metallurgical Plant - Bloomberg).
    The book "Russian Helmet", by Robert Clawson says that the LMZ stamp (with the overlapping ЛM3 logo ) is from Leningrad (Leningradsky Metallichesky Zavod (Ленинградский Металлический Завод), the largest Russian manufacturer of power machines and turbines for electric power stations,founded in 1857. Am i correct?? (Leningradsky Metallichesky Zavod - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

Best Regards

Fabio
    Last edited by fpicoli; 07-08-2012 at 05:30 PM.

?

1925 - is the serial number of the party helmets made ​​in that year.
    LMZ - Lysvensky Metallurgical Plant
    And forget Mr. Clawson's early misconceptions about the Leningrad plant. He expounded a blatantly them only for lack of correct information. Be the first one - is always difficult, and always not errorless.
    In the USSR, SSH-40 helmets manufactured only in Lysva and Stalingrad (Volgograd).

THANK YOU, Mixer!!!