Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Original SSH-36?

Article about: Hello everyone! I have come across this SSH-36 helmet and would like to know if it is authentic or not. The seller aid that the liner and chinstrap are 'replacements', but I don't know if th

Question Original SSH-36?

Hello everyone! I have come across this SSH-36 helmet and would like to know if it is authentic or not. The seller said that the liner and chinstrap are 'replacements', but I don't know if that means that they are repros, or someone put in "new" original lining and chinstrap (is it a repro or a new original?). I haven't seen any dark green SSH-36's before, only light green ones. So, I would like to ask for your opinions. Thank you so much!

Original SSH-36?Original SSH-36?Original SSH-36?Original SSH-36?Original SSH-36?
    Last edited by PapaStalin1943; 01-31-2019 at 05:56 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Original SSH-36?
    P
    Many

Is there any stamps on the helmet shell normally these have size stamps , this helmet may have been used by the German Luftschutz , I have seen a few that were used in this maner

Hi. I have asked the seller the exact same question, and he said that there is a stamp that says “1-129“

I don't believe this one to be used by the Luftschutz. The paint is different on those and the red star would've been removed and often replaced by a decal.

For me looks like someone has tried to remove the top coat of paint looking for the star and would need to be cheap as not a original russian liner

So are you guys saying that the helmet itself is real?

Could well be a Spanish used helmet. The republic received these helmets from the Soviet Union. They later refurbished them.

Have a look at: espaƱol ruso 36

Cheers,
    Emile

Jan
    ?

I agree with Emile. Probably a refurbished "Spanish used" one. Here are a couple of pictures of my French helmet probably re-used in the Spanish civil war. The liner is identical.

Best, Jan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Original SSH-36?   Original SSH-36?  

Original SSH-36?  

Does this mean that the helmet is rarer? (I don't really care much if it is more or less rarer, I just want to know for my personal knowledge, if you know what I mean.)

Edit: What are the price ranges of these? I know that I am not supposed to ask for prices, but online the prices seem to be all over the place.

The forum is not a priceguide. But if the online prices are all over the place than the actual value is probably inbetween these

I have to agree with Emile that it is most likely a Spanish used refurbished helmet.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast